‘Don’t handover hospital for Bhopal gas victims’September 25th, 2011 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Sep 25 (IANS) A hospital for Bhopal gas tragedy victims will be handed over to the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR). But it does not seem to be good news for them.
“ICMR has no experience of running a hospital, they never managed one. The dream of getting better treatment has become a nightmare,” Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udhyog Sangathan convenor Abdul Jabbar told reporters Sunday.
The ICMR will take over the Bhopal Memorial Hospital Research Centre (BMHRC) from the atomic energy department, which took it over just last year.
“The process of improvement that had begun a year ago will get stopped once again,” he added.
Jabbar added they will demonstrate on the issue in Delhi with 10,000 gas survivors Oct 10.
- Not enough done for Bhopal tragedy victims: Activist - Jan 12, 2012
- Bhopal gas survivors welcome Ethics Commissioner's resignation - Jan 26, 2012
- Bhopal tragedy survivors to observe black day - Oct 29, 2011
- 26 years on, Bhopal gas survivors rally for justice - Dec 03, 2010
- Bhopal hospital staff seek pay hike, government gets notice (Lead) - Dec 12, 2011
- Bhopal survivors burn effigy of IOC president - Feb 19, 2012
- PM flayed for overlooking gas disaster - Nov 09, 2010
- 26 years, still no justice, say Bhopal survivors, activists (Lead) - May 11, 2011
- Highlighting Bhopal's cause through art (With Images) - Feb 02, 2012
- Bhopal will remember its dead and dying - and how - Dec 01, 2010
- Supreme Court turns down CBI plea to reopen Bhopal case (Roundup) - May 11, 2011
- Bhopal gas victims allege unethical drug trials - Feb 24, 2011
- Update death toll in gas tragedy: Bhopal survivors - Oct 17, 2011
- Bhopal tragedy survivors burn Chidambaram's effigy - Jan 14, 2012
- May 3 fixed for last hearing in Bhopal Gas tragedy case - Apr 28, 2010