Dog Gets Affected By Swine FluDecember 23rd, 2009 - 8:04 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec. 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Swine flu, a disease common to sheep has claimed the life of numerous human beings and has been declared as an epidemic. The recent news that surfaced regarding this disease has perplexed people all over the world. According to the latest reports, the disease, which was so long affecting human beings has started affecting dogs. The reports also indicate that the disease germ has somehow transmitted from the owner to the dog. It means that the dog owners, who want their pets to remain safe from this disease should take necessary precautions.
As per the reports, a thirteen year old male dog has been contaminated with the disease and has been successfully diagnosed by the veterinary doctors. The dog that has been first affected by swine flu disease germs is owned by a person in New York and reports indicate that the owner was earlier diagnosed with the disease. Reports indicate that the dog was suffering from breathing trouble when he was brought to the medical center for treatment. Doctors have treated him immediately and he is showing signs of recovery.
Though the news of dogs getting affected by swine flu has created a panic among many dog lovers, they would be little relieved to know that the first dog affected by swine flu has recovered its condition. However, it will take some time to get back to its old form. Therefore, dog owners who care for their dog and do not want to risk their dogs life should seek medical assistance if their dog shows any kind of swine flu symptoms.
- First Swine Flu dog case has been reported in New York - Dec 24, 2009
- Iran may ban dogs from public places - Apr 14, 2011
- 'Five swine flu deaths in Rajasthan' - Mar 21, 2012
- Dogs at Queen's estate in Sandringham struck by rare disease - Sep 19, 2011
- Pet food recall expanded due to fear of salmonella contamination - Aug 03, 2010
- Swine flu claims one life in Bhopal - Mar 29, 2012
- British dogs to get anti-depressants - Jun 25, 2012
- Missouri woman pays fine for calling 911 about the collapse of her dog - Jun 07, 2012
- South Asia: Hot spot for cross-border diseases - Aug 14, 2012
- Sleeping with your pet could make you sick - Jan 25, 2011
- Sharing musical instruments can spread infection: Study - May 16, 2011
- Swine Flu Toll Hits 16,713: Says WHO - Mar 13, 2010
- Schmallenberg virus manages to kill thousands of lambs in UK - Feb 27, 2012
- Meghalaya man travels 4,000 kilometres for his pet's cure - Feb 13, 2010
- Senior citizen dies of swine flu in Lucknow - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: disease germs, dog lovers, dog owners, dogs, epidemic, flu, flu symptoms, germ, human beings, kar, medical assistance, medical center, meena, necessary precautions, pets, recent news, sheep, swine flu, veterinary doctors, will take some time