Doctors in Lucknow caught on MMS demanding bribeJune 9th, 2012 - 3:42 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 9 (IANS) Some doctors at the Balrampur Hospital here have been caught on MMS demanding bribe for admitting patients in the emergency ward, an official said Saturday.
Made by a group of Lucknow residents, the MMS along with a complaint has been sent to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Health Minister Ahmad Hasan and Principal Secretary (Health) Sanjay Agarwal.
A health official told IANS that certain malpractices in the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Hospital and the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital were also caught on video and had been appended with the complaint.
Informed sources said that director of the Balrampur Hospital, T.P. Singh, had launched a probe after watching the MMS.
The group has also filmed some illegal activities in the orthopaedic department, burn unit and surgery department.
One of the medical officers appearing in the MMS was probed twice on corruption charges during the previous Bahujan Samaj Party regime but was let off, an official said.
The chief minister’s office could not confirm the receipt of the MMS or the complaint but said the government would take it seriously if the issue was brought to its notice.
- Mayawati pulls up officials on sudden inspection in Lucknow - Feb 28, 2011
- NRHM scam: Court raps Uttar Pradesh for delay in prosecution (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- NHRM scam: Court asks Uttar Pradesh to explain delay - Aug 23, 2012
- Mulayam, Akhilesh get Z-plus security cover - Apr 12, 2012
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
- Azad announces re-development plan for RML Hospital - Mar 05, 2012
- Delhi hospitals lacking in emergency protocols - Sep 14, 2011
- Fresh raids by CBI in UP's multi-billion NRHM scam (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- After Azam barb, disquiet in SP out in open (News Analysis) - Jul 26, 2012
- With ministers like his, Akhilesh needs no enemies (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - Aug 18, 2012
- Two arrested for death of man from Bihar in Kerala - Aug 11, 2012
- Lok Sabha polls can happen any time after an year: Mulayam - Mar 23, 2012
- Lok Sabha polls anytime after a year: Mulayam (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Government doctor caught taking bribe in Rajasthan - Jul 30, 2012
- Azad, medical team to reach Leh Saturday - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: ahmad hasan, bahujan samaj party, bribe, burn unit, chief minister, corruption charges, emergency ward, health minister, health official, illegal activities, lucknow, malpractices, medical officers, mms, orthopaedic department, principal secretary, sanjay, shyama prasad, surgery department, yadav