Dieters Beware: Eggnog has a lot of caloriesDecember 8th, 2010 - 8:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Dec 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The winter festivities of Christmas and New Year are just around the corner and one thing that is for sure is the merry that will be associated with those festive seasons.
One thing is for sure though. Food and drinks play very important role in these festivities. One type of drink that has grown with these festivities is eggnog. Eggnog is very common in the United States and Canada.
The drink is believed to have originated from England based on the ingredients that is used to make them. The drink eventually underwent some transformation and it is now one of the common breakfast drinks in the United States and Canada with its popularity worldwide growing.
Made from milk and/or cream, sugar and beaten eggs, they are often flavored with nutmeg and ground cinnamon. Their ingredients raise health concerns about the level of calories that they contain. That though has not prevented several people from enjoying the drink. A cup of the drink contains about 350 calories which is considered quite heavy. It also contains 11 grams of saturated fat per cup.
The drink is custard so turning it into an ice cream is not very difficult.
- Today is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day - Jun 07, 2012
- "Cold Stone PB & C" Has More Than 2000 Calories, Rated To Be The Most Worst Drink Of America - May 30, 2010
- Sweet Potato Casserole recipe for Thanksgiving - Nov 24, 2010
- Milkshake having 2000 calories tops the list of the '20 Worst Drinks' - May 30, 2010
- Not just plum, Christmas has more flavours this season (With Recipes) - Dec 22, 2010
- Merry X-mas, tweet B-Town celebs - Dec 24, 2011
- Feasting on Holi delicacies (Recipes) - Mar 06, 2012
- Mead Johnson Pulls Off Chocolate Flavor Toddler Drink On Grounds Of Obesity - Jun 11, 2010
- Top secret Coca Cola recipe revealed! - Feb 15, 2011
- Coca Cola's secret recipe exposed? - Feb 15, 2011
- Recipes by celebrity NRI chef Vikas Khanna (To go with: 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra) - May 08, 2012
- An egg a day keeps unwanted calories at bay - Dec 11, 2011
- America's worst drink, 2,000-calorie milkshake, equals to eating 68 pieces of bacon - May 27, 2010
- Coca-Cola 'secret recipe' cracked, claims radio show - Feb 16, 2011
- Dessert with breakfast can benefit dieters - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: beaten eggs, breakfast drinks, calories, canada, christmas, cream sugar, dieters, england, festive seasons, ground cinnamon, health concerns, new year, new york dec, nutmeg, one thing, popularity, transformation, united states, winter festivities