Dengue kills 56 in Sri Lanka (Lead)June 6th, 2012 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Colombo, June 6 (IANS) Dengue fever has killed 56 people in Sri Lanka, the health ministry said Wednesday.
Xinhua quoted the ministry as saying that a total of 11,473 dengue cases were reported in the first five months of this year.
The rainy season will worsen the situation in the coming days, the ministry warned, and urged public to keep their localities clean and clear of mosquito breeding sites.
Nearly 50 percent of the cases were recorded in the Western Province which includes capital Colombo.
- Dengue claims 56 lives in Sri Lanka - Jun 06, 2012
- Dengue fever grips Pakistani province - Sep 04, 2011
- 10 dead, over 2,000 hit by dengue in Pakistan - Sep 09, 2011
- Now Karachi frets over dengue outbreak - Aug 22, 2011
- Delhi steps up campaign against malaria, dengue - Apr 06, 2011
- Radio Pakistan to spread awareness about dengue - Sep 11, 2011
- No need to panic on dengue: Health ministry (Lead) - Sep 10, 2010
- Australia issues dengue warning to its CWG contingent - Sep 09, 2010
- EU experts in Sri Lanka to study dengue - Feb 16, 2012
- Lahore dengue toll rises to 127 - Oct 02, 2011
- Dengue toll in Pakistani province rises to 62 - Sep 23, 2011
- No takers for Delhi's mosquito-proof coolers - May 18, 2011
- 10 dengue cases in Assam - Sep 15, 2010
- Dengue arrives in Delhi, before season - Jul 04, 2010
- Azad meets Delhi Health Minister, reviews rise in dengue cases - Sep 03, 2010