Delhi hospital seeks exemption from treating poor freeJune 18th, 2009 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) The multi-speciality Rockland Hospital Thursday approached Delhi High Court seeking exemption from giving free treatment to poor patients as it had already paid the full amount for the land to the Delhi Development Authority (DDA).
In the plea, Rockland Hospital, located in Qutab Institutional Area, submitted that the land allotted to them by the DDA was not given on any concessional rate and they have paid all the dues and should thus be exempted from giving free treatment to poor patients.
The matter will come up for hearing July 6.
Hearing a public interest petition filed by NGO Social Jurist seeking action against hospitals for charging poor patients, the court had in 2006 ruled that all the private hospitals who were being given land on subsidised rates should provide free treatment to poor patients.
According to the order, ten per cent of the treatment capacity in the Indoor Patient Department (IPD) and 25 per cent in the Outdoor Patient Department (OPD) were to be reserved for poor patients.
- Delhi government to take on private hospitals - Jul 06, 2011
- Court notice to 12 private hospitals in Delhi - Aug 08, 2012
- Treat poor free, apex court tells 10 Delhi hospitals - Sep 01, 2011
- Draw up workable scheme for free treatment to poor patients: Apex court - Aug 25, 2011
- Court directs Apollo to give free treatment to poor - Sep 22, 2009
- Court directs Apollo to give free treatment to poor (Lead) - Sep 22, 2009
- 'Only six Delhi hospitals provide free treatment to poor' - Dec 22, 2008
- Court notice to school on poor student's plea - Jun 02, 2012
- Private hospitals asked for free treatment policy - Jul 25, 2011
- Standards for AYUSH medical colleges to be raised - May 10, 2011
- 80 Ayurveda colleges denied permission to admit students - Aug 24, 2012
- Delhi's private hospitals told to treat poor free (Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
- SC again asks Novartis to cut cancer drug price - Sep 12, 2012
- Government to identify poor patients at Apollo Hospital - Aug 18, 2009
- 498 reserved posts lying vacant in top govt. hospitals: Azad - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: delhi development authority, delhi development authority dda, delhi high court, institutional area, ipd, jurist, New Delhi, ngo, opd, plea, poor patients, private hospitals, public interest petition