Dalai Lama asks people to live healthySeptember 13th, 2012 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) With obesity turning out to be a growing concern, Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama Thursday urged people to lead a healthy life.
“Common man sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health,” he said.
“From today, every individual should pledge to take care of their body and lead a healthy life.”
The Dalai Lama was speaking after inaugurating the 17th World Congress of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) here.
About 1,200 doctors from 65 countries are attending the two-day meet.
- Dalai Lama undergoes medical check-up in Dharamsala - Nov 27, 2010
- Dalai Lama finally relinquishes political powers (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Indian foreign secretary meets Dalai Lama - Jun 07, 2012
- Dalai Lama prays at Bodh Gaya ahead of Kalachakra puja - Dec 31, 2011
- Dalai Lama in Delhi for eye check-up (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Dalai Lama to visit Jammu - Nov 08, 2011
- Dalai Lama backs investigation into Karmapa Lama controversy - Jan 30, 2011
- Lobsang Sangay is Kalon Tripa, to carry on Tibetan legacy (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Dalai Lama's 75th b'day celebrated in Dharamshala - Jul 06, 2010
- India can lead the world, says Dalai Lama - Apr 02, 2011
- Tibetans-in-exile pray for Dalai Lama's long life - Jul 18, 2010
- Didn't discuss Karmapa issue with US envoy: Dalai Lama's Office - Feb 28, 2011
- 'Lifestyle deepens diabetes problem in India, China' - Jul 05, 2012
- Karmapa money trail: Police detain hotelier in Dharamsala - Jan 30, 2011
- Dalai Lama donates money to fight child malnutrition - May 15, 2012