Conjoined twins’ family undecided on surgeryJuly 31st, 2012 - 4:20 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 31 (IANS) The family of 16-year-old conjoined twins in Bihar will take the final decision on surgically separating them after the girls are examined at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi.
“We’ll take the final decision to separate Saba and Farah only after knowing what the doctors say about their chances of survival,” Mohammad Tamanna, the father, said here Tuesday.
Tamanna told IANS that if the doctors at AIIMS said that one of the girls would not survive after the operation, they would not go for the surgery.
“Our stand is clear. We’re not ready to lose one of them to save another,” he said.
The Supreme Court had Monday asked the Bihar government to make arrangements to bring the teenaged twins by air ambulance from Patna to Delhi for treatment at AIIMS.
Earlier, on the directions of the apex court, the central government formed a three-member team of doctors to examine the possibility of surgically separating the sisters.
- Bring conjoined sisters from Bihar to Delhi: SC (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Panel to examine chances of separating conjoined twins - Jul 20, 2012
- SC pushes for surgical separation of conjoined sisters (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- SC pushes for medical separation of conjoined sisters - Jul 16, 2012
- Bring conjoined sisters from Bihar to Delhi: SC - Jul 30, 2012
- Hope for conjoined Patna twins after apex court ruling - Jul 19, 2012
- Delhi surgeons to separate conjoined twins from Bihar - Mar 31, 2010
- Falak back on ventilator after having breathing problems, say doctors - Feb 11, 2012
- Hyderabad's siamese twins face uncertain future - Jan 18, 2012
- Baby Falak slightly better, next 48 hours crucial: Doctors (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- Bangladeshi mother meets her separated conjoined twins in Australia - Jul 11, 2010
- Separated conjoined twins recuperating in Delhi - Apr 07, 2010
- Conjoined twins born in Bihar - Jan 02, 2009
- Separated conjoined twins to be discharged in two weeks - May 04, 2010
- Separated a month ago, Siamese twins go home Saturday - May 28, 2010
Tags: 16 year old conjoined twins, aiims, air ambulance, all india institute of medical sciences, apex, apex court, bihar government, central government, doctors, farah, final decision, india institute, member team, mohammad, New Delhi, one of the girls, saba, supreme court, survival