Commendable progress made in rural health: officialFebruary 27th, 2011 - 12:06 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 26 (IANS) The National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) has shown a commendable progress in its sixth year in creation of infrastructure and human resource for health, officials said Saturday.Releasing the Fourth Common Review Mission (CRM) Report 2010 of the mission, Health Secretary K.Chandramouli said that a huge human resource has been added to the NRHM in the last year.
“Nearly 8 lakh accredited social health activists (ASHAs) have been engaged, 1,572 specialists, 8,284 MBBS doctors, 26,734 staff nurses, 53,552 auxiliary nurse midwives (ANMs), 18,272 paramedics employed on contract basis and a total of 16,338 primary health centres (PHCs), community health centres (CHCs), and other sub-district facilities have been made functional on 24 x 7 basis,” he said.
Chandramouli however said that there was need to increase the absorption capacity for funds and address the challenge of entire gamut of infectious and chronic diseases.
- Inclusive Development Strategy Focusing on Income and Non-Income Dimensions Required: FM - Feb 25, 2011
- Government adopts multi-pronged approach to correct uneven progress in health indicators - Feb 25, 2010
- Over 7,000 vacancies vacant for rural doctors - Aug 24, 2012
- 'Fast-track mode work for 264 backward districts' - Apr 11, 2012
- She braves bullets to bring healthcare to women (Feature) - Apr 16, 2012
- Yoga, homoeopathy to be integrated with healthcare in UP - Sep 17, 2012
- Rural India is short of 16,000 doctors - Mar 09, 2011
- India to turn out over 145,000 rural doctors - Feb 04, 2010
- India, US to share healthcare models with Ethiopia - Feb 23, 2012
- Survey points to improvement in rural health service - Jul 21, 2010
- Health ministry wary of merging AIDS department with NRHM - May 03, 2012
- Assam, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu do best in rural health - Apr 12, 2010
- Doctors who work in rural areas to get extra money: Azad (Lead) - Sep 17, 2009
- 36 nurses get Florence Nightingale Award - May 12, 2012
- Assam's boat clinics deliver health services - and hope (With images) - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,