Chuck E Cheese Recalls Over a Million ToysSeptember 16th, 2010 - 12:47 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Sep 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Over 1.2 million toy rings and eyeglasses have been recalled by pizza and game family restaurant “Chuck E Cheese” on Wednesday because there was concerns that the kids who played with the toys may swallow the tiny batteries inside.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the plastic on these toys can break, which would expose the tiny tablet sized batteries inside the toy. The stomach lining, esophagus or the digestive track could be damaged by the battery.
There were no reported injuries from these toys as of yet, but there were two children who managed to remove the batteries from the light-up ring. One of the kids stuck the battery up his nose, ans the other swallowed it. The glasses had no reported incidents at all and were recalled as a precautionary act.
The light-up rings in question were part of a promotional deal between April and June , and given out during parent-teacher association events. They are in the colors pink, green, purple, yellow,, blue. The eye glasses were shaped like stars and were in the birthday packages.
All of the toys were made in China, and were imported to the US by Texas-based CEC Entertainment Inc, who operates the Chuck E Cheese theme restaurants. The restaurant chain has had three other recalls since 2001.
- CPSC to recall 1.2 million toys distributed with Chuck E. Cheese - Sep 16, 2010
- Katy Perry sizzles in new 'Teenage Dream' photoshoot - Jul 28, 2010
- Pizzas beat Indian curry meals in Britain - Aug 09, 2010
- Three-cheese pizza with Jesus' face up for grabs on eBay in Oz - Mar 30, 2011
- World's first electronic specs to make tedious bifocals history! - Apr 26, 2011
- Surgeons perform first scarless myotomy surgery in US - Feb 27, 2010
- Now, detect esophageal cancer with light - Jan 05, 2011
- Heston Blumenthal Serves Worm Pizza To Kids In Hospital - Feb 08, 2011
- Sally Jackson Recalls Cheese Products Due To Potential E.Coli Contamination - Dec 20, 2010
- Potatoes back on menus as healthy meal - Apr 26, 2011
- Mississippi man drives to Massachusetts and orders 150 pizza - Aug 15, 2011
- Hanukkah Celebrated At Various Places In USA And Canada - Dec 03, 2010
- Children's Toy Recalls in February 2010 Were Numerous - Mar 01, 2010
- Fisher Price recalls unsafe toys - Oct 01, 2010
- Coming soon: a pacemaker with no battery - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: birthday packages, cec entertainment inc, china, chuck e cheese, colors, consumer product safety, consumer product safety commission, digestive track, eye glasses, eyeglasses, game, parent teacher association, pizza, product safety commission, stomach, theme restaurants, tiny batteries, toy rings, toys