Chocolate that’s ‘healthier’ than 2 kilos of apples hits the shelvesNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:29 am ICT by admin
The upmarket company says that the new sweet naturally contains more flavonol antioxidants than any other food.
Antioxidants are known to fight free radicals, which have been linked to heart disease, cancer and other age-related diseases.
The chocolate is processed in a gentle way to preserve two to three times more of the natural antioxidants in cocoa.
Choxi+ comes in four flavours - dark, milk, dark chocolate with oriental mint and milk chocolate with sweet orange.
Prestat claims that Choxi+ dark chocolate contains almost 20 times as many antioxidants as blueberries, and two squares of the chocolate provides the same amount of antioxidants as 1lb of Brussels sprouts, or over 5lb of apples.
A spokesman for the company said that the health benefits of Choxi+, priced at 1.99 pounds per 70g or 75g bar, means no one need ever feel guilty about enjoying a few squares of chocolate again.
“We’re saying that chocolate is good for you and not straying too far from there. And if you’re going to be eating chocolate, this is the best chocolate you can get,” the Daily Mail quoted Bill Keeling, owner of Prestat chocolates, as saying.
“Although Choxi+ is a great product, it can’t replace the nutrients and fibre found in fruit and vegetables, so you should still be eating your five a day and of course, sadly, it does contain calories. That’s why we’re calling Choxi+ ‘positive indulgence’.
“It should still be considered a treat but it’s a treat that is much better for you than chocolate has ever been before,” he added. (ANI)
- Want to lose weight? Eat dark chocolate! - May 02, 2011
- 'Super food' dark chocolates are healthier than fruits: Study - Feb 07, 2011
- Now, a chocolate bar to cut wrinkles - May 21, 2010
- Chocolate healthier than many fruit juices - Feb 07, 2011
- Chocolate good for heart, diabetic patients: Study - Jun 04, 2010
- Dark chocolate reduces risk of cardiac fatalities - Jun 04, 2012
- Dark chocolate may be good for your heart - Aug 17, 2010
- Not just plum, Christmas has more flavours this season (With Recipes) - Dec 22, 2010
- Dark chocolate can help lower high BP - Nov 12, 2010
- Go for dark chocolate, red wine to keep your partner heart-healthy this Valentine's - Feb 11, 2011
- 'No cardiovascular health benefit from chocolate, coffee, red wine' - May 11, 2010
- Chocolate could be combating heart diseases in 5 years - Nov 15, 2010
- Chocolate may cut cholesterol levels but only in some people - Jun 03, 2010
- How chocolates protect against heart disease - Feb 08, 2011
- Marmite adds yeast extract, onion powder, garlic powder to chocolate - Sep 30, 2010
Tags: 1lb, apples, blueberries, brussels sprouts, chocolatiers, dark chocolate, eating chocolate, five a day, flavours, food antioxidants, free radicals, fruit and vegetables, heart disease cancer, indulgence, mail, milk chocolate, natural antioxidants, prestat chocolates, squares, sweet orange