Chinese man wants to swap dogs for BMW carMay 11th, 2012 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 11 (IANS) A man in China is trying to trade his two expensive dogs for a BMW car since he needs to travel with his ailing wife, a media report said.
Pan, 61, sits by the roadside in Hangzhou town along with his two pedigree Tibetan mastiffs, one golden and one black, reported China Daily citing news website Rednet.
The man, who once had as many as 100 dogs, said his wife was suffering from cancer and he now wants to trade his two best mastiffs for a BMW or other car so that he can take his wife to her hometown and other places.
“Maybe she will recover from the illness during the travel,” he was quoted as saying.
Tibetan mastiffs originate from China’s Qinghai-Tibet plateau. They are large and potentially ferocious, very aggressive to strangers but placid with their owners.
- Astronomical observatory to come up in Tibet - Apr 13, 2012
- Chinese arrested after 17 years for murder - Dec 27, 2011
- A Chinese Millionaire Couple Buys A Tibetan Mastiff Worth $600,000 - Aug 07, 2010
- Tibetan encyclopedia shows 'brain surgery was practiced 2900 years ago' - Apr 24, 2011
- World's most expensive dog costs a million pounds - Mar 16, 2011
- Scientists complete sequencing Tibetan antelope genome - Dec 25, 2009
- Tibetan cartoon series to be shown on Chinese TV - Dec 03, 2011
- Four nations start Mekong river patrol - Dec 11, 2011
- Ancient bird fossil found in China - Aug 19, 2011
- China cheers for first Tibetan Olympic medallist - Aug 13, 2012
- Tibetan mastiff gives birth to 26 pups! - Apr 10, 2010
- Climate change threatening Qinghai-Tibet plateau - Mar 27, 2010
- China plans to build world's highest airport in Tibet - Jan 12, 2010
- BMW kills two, injures four - May 05, 2012
- Two Tibetans set themselves on fire in China - Jun 21, 2012