Chinese hotel fined after food poisoningAugust 19th, 2012 - 2:20 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 19 (IANS) A five-star hotel in China’s Hainan province was fined about $97,200 after 141 people was sickened by food poisoning, Global Times said Sunday.
The Sanya City Food and Drug Administration also confiscated materials used to make food that allegedly sickened vacationers.
The 141 vacationers were sent for medical treatment after their breakfast from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the Howard Johnson Hotel. Salmonella was detected in samples from the suspect food.
- China hotel fined after 140 fall ill - Aug 19, 2012
- Typhoon Kai-Tak causes havoc in China (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- 300 Chinese kids ill after having school lunch - Apr 10, 2012
- Toxic mushrooms kill seven, poison 50 in China - Aug 04, 2012
- Man denies spending $11m on wedding - Apr 06, 2012
- 300,000 evacuated as typhoon lands in south China - Sep 29, 2011
- One dead, 42 ill after eating at China hotel - Oct 11, 2010
- Going bananas in a Chinese town - Jun 27, 2011
- CDC says that salmonella infection is on the rise - Jun 08, 2011
- Chinese hair care company found using banned chemicals - Feb 02, 2011
- China braces for tropical storm Nock-Ten - Jul 29, 2011
- China to ensure quality food in schools - Oct 24, 2011
- Typhoon Conson hits China - Jul 16, 2010
- 130,000 evacuated in China floods - Oct 07, 2010
- Scientists unravel salmonella's 'dirty bag of tricks' - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: beijing, china, city food, food and drug, food and drug administration, food poisoning, global times, hainan province, howard johnson hotel, medical treatment, salmonella, sanya city, star hotel, vacationers