China to adjust anti-dumping duties on Indian antibioticsAugust 16th, 2012 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 16 (IANS) China has announced it will adjust its anti-dumping duties on sulfamethoxazole (SMZ), an antibiotic imported from India, from Friday onwards.
The decision was taken following a one-year mid-term review, which, the Chinese commerce ministry said, showed that Indian SMZ exporters had not stopped their dumping activities in the country, Xinhua reported.
The ministry said Thursday it would impose anti-dumping duty of 17.2 percent on Andhra Organics Ltd. and Virchow Laboratories Ltd., and fof 36.4 percent on other Indian SMZ exporters.
In 2007, the ministry put anti-dumping duties at between 10.1 percent and 37.7 percent on the import of SMZ from India.
The ministry launched the mid-term review Aug 17 last year after China’s Shouguang Fukang Pharmaceutical Co. asked for an adjustment of tariff rates, as Indian SMZ producers increased their dumping efforts in China after the imposing of anti-dumping duties.
- US files complaint over China car duties - Jul 06, 2012
- As China dumps in India's solar market, domestic industry shrivels (Business Feature) - May 06, 2012
- Anti-dumping duty imposed on carbon black - Feb 04, 2010
- Team Anna alleges kickbacks in India's major deals - Apr 26, 2012
- Vietnam sues US over anti-dumping tax - Apr 23, 2010
- Paint industry likely to see single digit growth 2012-13 - Aug 22, 2012
- Centre extends trade defence measures to domestic industry - Dec 02, 2009
- China to impose anti-dumping measures on US chicken imports - Feb 05, 2010
- 'India's anti-dumping move violates WTO law' - Sep 16, 2010
- Team Anna alleges kickbacks in India's major deals (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- India to build stronger trade, economic ties with Brazil: Anand Sharma - Mar 08, 2011
- $8.25 billion exports by 2014 achievable: leather exporters - Jan 30, 2011
- CBI arrests commerce ministry official for graft (Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
- Anti-dumping duty on Chinese Vitamin C extended - Jun 19, 2009
- Vietnam criticises India's anti-dumping duties - Mar 31, 2009
Tags: anti dumping duty, antibiotic, antibiotics, beijing, china, commerce ministry, dumping duties, fof, fukang, India, organics ltd, pharmaceutical co, producers, sulfamethoxazole, tariff rates, virchow laboratories, xinhua