Chandigarh makes dental implant affordable with centreJune 7th, 2009 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 7 (IANS) In a first of its kind effort aimed at making dental implants affordable for the common man, an ultra-modern government centre was opened by the administration here Sunday.
The dental implants will now cost less as the patients can avail these services at around one-third of the normal price at the centre opened in government polyclinic here in Sector 45.
“The union territory administration has made this foray into the domain of the private sector not to fulfil any norms but to make available the costly implant facility to the common man at very affordable price,” Home-cum-Health Secretary Ram Niwas said.
“Now the patients do not require to spend huge amounts of money in private institutions as they can get better facilities here at much subsidised rates. There is no compromise on quality as this centre is equipped with all the latest technologies and the best physicians,” he said.
Niwas said Chandigarh is the first among all the states and union territories of the country to get the first government dental implant centre.
Normally dental implant is a very expensive procedure costing thousands of rupees for a single implant. However, this centre offers the high quality facility at very reasonable cost.
“The rates of dental implant in the private sector vary from Rs.15,000 to Rs.35,000 but here it is available at one-third the price at about Rs.6,400. Similarly, the correction of root damage and cavity that cost between Rs.1,500-2,000 is available here for only Rs.200-400,” R.S. Mann, in-charge of the dental implant centre, told reporters.
Mann said the centre has two dental chairs, equipped with all the latest gadgets, costing Rs.400,000 each.
“This centre brings the world’s highly advanced expertise of replacement of missing teeth with a nickel titanium screw fixture, at the doorstep of the Chandigarh dwellers,” said Mann.
He said the titanium implant is most suitable as it is accepted by the human body easily and the strength of the implant after fixation in the bone is three to five times stronger than the natural tooth.
The dental implant provided here is designed and produced by an Israel based company, Alpha Biotec Limited. It is approved by the US Food and Drug Administration and is also certified by the European Union.
- Government school students in Chandigarh too have buses - Apr 22, 2010
- Now Chandigarh to have a Garden of Palms - Feb 19, 2011
- Rural restaurants for food security - and jobs too (Comment) - May 16, 2012
- 'DRDO's cochlear implants to let millions hear again' - Feb 05, 2012
- Best Indian city in tobacco control to tighten laws - Mar 23, 2011
- Centre gives Chandigarh Rs.31 mn for Garden of Spring - Jan 03, 2011
- Filtered water for all Chandigarh government schools - Sep 04, 2010
- Panacea Biotec commissions anti-cancer unit in Himachal - Mar 29, 2012
- Chandigarh to get Garden of Springs - Feb 08, 2011
- Chennai dental chain to go pan-India, expand into Ethiopia - Aug 31, 2011
- Haryana's low cost health for all plan stillborn - May 31, 2012
- Chandigarh's first cycling event June 27 - Jun 08, 2010
- Rs.7 lakh to remain 'number one' on Chandigarh roads - Apr 30, 2011
- Nalco signs pact for Rs.400 crore titanium project (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Making housing affordable: Realty industry needs budget boost (Comment) - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: common man, dental chairs, dental implant centre, dental implants, government centre, health secretary, kind effort, latest gadgets, missing teeth, nickel titanium, private institutions, quality facility, ram niwas, root damage, rs 6, rupees, titanium implant, titanium screw, union territories, union territory