Centre for Sight expands in north IndiaJune 17th, 2012 - 6:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) In a bid to consolidate its market position in north India, eye-care chain Centre for Sight (CFS) Sunday said that it has partnered with two institutes in Chandigarh.
“The partnership expands the footprint of Centre for Sight in Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana from two to seven centres for bringing world class affordable eye care at a patient’s door step,” said CFS chairman Mahipal Singh Sachdev.
Currently, the company has 40 centres pan-India and aims at doubling this figure by 2015 at a cost of Rs.150 crore.
“We expect that the expansion process will cost around Rs.150 crore,” said Sachdev in a statement.
According to Sachdev, the company aims to fill in the vaccum created by a huge demand in the eye-care segment that has lagged behind the whole sectoral growth of the healthcare sector.
The company is also looking at expanding in the tier-II and III cities.
In the latest expansion the company has tied up with two centres in Chandigarh — Mirchia’s Laser Eye Centre and Monica’s Eye Clinic.
While, Mirchia’s Laser Eye Centre, is one of the oldest centres in the city, Monica’s Eye Clinic, on the other hand, works in rural areas near the city.
We are among the largest network of Lasik and laser-based vision correction centres across Asia, Africa and Australia, Sachdev said.
CFS is one of Asia’s largest eye-care centres with presence across the national capital region (NCR), Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir.
- Delhi eye-care chain now among Asia's largest - May 28, 2012
- IGNOU's online course in optics - Dec 07, 2011
- Heat wave unabated in Haryana, Punjab - Jun 01, 2012
- Get rid of your glasses - the easy laser way - Jan 04, 2009
- Heat wave in Punjab and Haryana, Amritsar records 45.5 degrees - Jun 02, 2012
- Chandigarh will remain Harayana's capital: Hooda - Mar 25, 2012
- British firm KeraSoft ties up with Kerala eye hospital - Jan 08, 2010
- Punjab, Haryana near 150 lakh tonne wheat procurement-mark - May 02, 2011
- How to keep your skin glowing during monsoon - Jul 04, 2012
- New laser can hide aircrafts and dodge missiles - Sep 17, 2010
- Maximum temperatures dip in Punjab, Haryana - Jan 04, 2012
- Caterpillar to expand Indian operations investing $212 million - Dec 01, 2011
- Sweet pill for Kerala - medical tourism (Feature) - Jul 07, 2011
- Dutch varsity to do research in eye care in India - Aug 22, 2012
- Amritsar reels at minus 0.2 degree - Dec 31, 2011
Tags: cfs, chandigarh, eye care, eye centre, eye clinic, haryana, healthcare sector, jammu and kashmir, laser eye, market position, ncr, north india, punjab, rajasthan, sachdev, sectoral growth, tier ii, uttar pradesh, vaccum, vision correction