CBI raids former UP health ministerJune 2nd, 2012 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 2 (IANS) The CBI Saturday raided the residences and other premises of former Uttar Pradesh health minister Anant Mishra in connection with a corruption case, officials said.
The Central Bureau of Investigation raided Anant Mishra aka Antoo’s residences in Lucknow and Kanpur for his alleged role in the multi-crore National Rural Health Mission (NHRM) scam.
Besides a large number of documents and files, the officials also confiscated a hard drive from Kanpur, informed sources said.
The former minister, who was close to former chief minister Mayawati, was interrogated twice by the investigation agency in Lucknow last month.
Two days ago, Mishra’s former cabinet colleague Babu Singh Kushwaha and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator R.P. Jaiswal were named in the second chargesheet filed by the CBI in the NRHM scam at a Ghaziabad court.
Kushwaha and Jaiswal are accused of embezzling Rs.43 crore.
Mishra is also being questioned in the killings of B.P. Singh and Vinod Arya - both senior medical officials - who were allegedly bumped off after they began probing irregularities in the purchases made under NHRM.
- NRHM scam: CBI raids 45 places, ex-BSP man under scanner - Jan 04, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI raids 60 places, ex-BSP minister under scanner (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Former ministers asked to vacate house - Nov 25, 2011
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Fourth Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- NRHM case: Former UP minister, BSP legislator arrested (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Day after joining BJP, Kushwaha's premises raided (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- NHRM scam: CBI raids in UP, Gujarat - Aug 30, 2012
- CBI charge sheet against Uttar Pradesh ex-minister - May 31, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Third Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Fresh raids by CBI in UP's multi-billion NRHM scam (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- CBI arrests three in NRHM scam - Jan 06, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI registers cases against two officials - Aug 04, 2011
- CBI arrests ex-official in health scheme scam - Jan 07, 2012
- Political war erupts as CBI raids Kushwaha's premises (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2012
- CBI raids on Kushwaha motivated: BJP - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: anant, arya, b p singh, bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, cbi raids, central bureau of investigation, corruption case, health minister, investigation agency, jaiswal, kanpur, kushwaha, Mayawati, medical officials, mishra, national rural health, national rural health mission, samaj, vinod