Butterball Turkey Paves Way For Healthy Turkey DishesNovember 25th, 2010 - 6:27 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Nov 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Today the families in the USA are celebrating Thanksgiving with excitement and gusto. For many of them it is a time for reunion and gorging on some delicious food. In Thanksgiving Turkey is a must have item in the dinner for the majority of people. A lot of Turkey recipes are put to use during this time though the most preferred recipe is roasted Turkey with food and herb stuffing. However, most of the Turkey recipes are rich in calorie and fat and the health conscious lot are often worried about gorging on those dishes during Thanksgiving. Some of the Turkey manufacturers have taken note of this and they have come up with their own solutions to keep the calorie intake at a safe level. Butterball turkey manufacturer has cut down on the amount of salt in some products in their range to keep the blood pressure of the consumers within safe level. In fact other companies including Wonder Bread are supporting this move.
The health entities and medical associations in the USA are engaged in their efforts to convince the food manufacturers to lower the amount of salt in their products. Butterball turkey and some other entities have taken this step voluntarily so the other manufacturers can be influenced by their actions. New York health department director Dr. Sonia Angell thinks that the reduction of slat in food made by these companies can lower the health risk of the consumers.
Butterball Turkey also helps homemakers to prepare Turkey in the best possible way. It has a helpline to aid the novice cooks or those who are trying Turkey for the first time.
- Hotline Of Butterball Is Accessible Now For The Preparation Of Scrumptious Turkeys - Nov 25, 2010
- Ina Garten's thanksgiving recipes are a hit - Nov 24, 2010
- Tips To Cook A Turkey To Perfection On Thanksgiving - Nov 21, 2010
- Thanksgiving Options For Those Who Prefer Vegetarian Food - Nov 24, 2010
- Stuffing Recipes Create Buzz On The Web Before Thanksgiving - Nov 22, 2010
- Turkey Recipe Featured In Latest Google Doodle - Nov 24, 2010
- Pumpkin Seed Recipe Is A Popular Internet Search Before Halloween - Oct 26, 2009
- Eat light, healthy food to stay cool this summer: Doctors - May 17, 2012
- High levels of salt in Sunday roasts put Brits at risk of heart disease, stroke - Dec 06, 2010
- Butterball Turkey Talkline Available For Turkey Cooking Without Fuss - Nov 25, 2010
- Kids risk ill health, shorter life with too much salt - Jul 02, 2011
- Know Some Surprising Health Food Impostors To Avoid Them - Jan 16, 2011
- McDonald playing around with new chicken recipes - May 23, 2011
- Tips To Avoid The Biggest Turkey Mistakes - Nov 11, 2010
- This British chef pairs gourmet food with health, nutrition (Feature with pics) - Mar 25, 2012
Tags: angell, butterball turkey, calorie intake, cooks, delicious food, food manufacturers, health department director, health entities, health risk, helpline, homemakers, medical associations, new york health, news today, own solutions, slat, thanksgiving turkey, turkey dishes, turkey recipes, wonder bread