British woman gives birth in comaJuly 1st, 2012 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 1 (IANS) A British woman delivered a child in coma but lost any memory of even being pregnant at the first place as she gained consciousness a fortnight later at the hospital.
Emma Mynors, 23, was rushed to a hospital after falling unconscious with pneumonia and suffering two strokes. Two weeks into the coma, she began to go into labour prematurely at 29 weeks, The Sun reported.
Nurses carrying out a routine examination of Mynors noticed that she was delivering a child. She gave birth to a baby girl naturally.
However, when she awoke two weeks later the hospital staff handed her the infant and explained what happened. Emma said: “The nurses were congratulating me. I didn’t know what they were talking about.”
“I remembered I was married and had a son but had no idea I was pregnant. I hadn’t consciously pushed or had a contraction, yet my little girl was here and healthy. It seemed like a miracle.”
- British soldier gives birth during Afghanistan deployment - Sep 20, 2012
- Identical twins give birth on the same day - Oct 24, 2011
- Born weighing 450 grams, baby girl survives - Jul 26, 2012
- US nurse discovers terminal cancer patient is her long-lost father - Sep 04, 2010
- Jessie J wakes up 6-years-old girl from coma - Aug 20, 2012
- British teen comes alive after being brain dead - Apr 25, 2012
- Woman gives birth just after passing her driving test - Nov 01, 2011
- Mum's cuddle brings new-born back to life - Aug 27, 2010
- Pregnant Posh 'over the moon' after being told she's carrying a baby girl - Feb 05, 2011
- Battered two-year-old baby recovering (Second Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Mel B 'snubs' Posh on Twitter - Mar 23, 2011
- Victoria Beckham to have a girl? - Feb 05, 2011
- Premature babies survive better in neonatal ICUs - Jul 24, 2012
- Bengal hospital gives cat-bite jab to child instead of mother - Feb 07, 2012
- Brit mum saves baby by refusing to end pregnancy on doctors' advice - Apr 11, 2011