Brazil company recalls 620,000 condomsAugust 25th, 2012 - 12:12 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Aug 25 (IANS/EFE) Brazilian condom manufacturer Olla is recalling 620,000 condoms from the market because of a possible defect in quality control that could compromise their security.
“The recall is a preventive measure since a possible lapse in quality has been identified that could make the product unfit for use,” Olla, one of the biggest condom manufacturers in the country, said in a communique.
The manufacturer said that the items with possible defects belong to five different lots of lubricated condoms that were distributed in promotional packs of eight for the price of six.
“Should any product from these lots be located, Olla tells consumers not to use it, to keep it in its packaging and contact our customer service in order to return it and receive a product replacement at no cost,” the communique said.
Olla acknowledged having become aware of the problem after an increase in the number of customer complaints.
Recalls, a requirement of Brazilian authorities in cases of manufacturing problems that is increasingly common for automobiles, is unprecedented for condoms.
- Cisco to invest $545 mn in Brazil - Apr 04, 2012
- Brazil to distribute 20 mn female condoms - Mar 21, 2012
- Brazilian cadet dies in ejection from plane - Jun 06, 2012
- Plan to build electric motorcycles in Brazil - Aug 09, 2011
- PSA Peugeot Citroen to invest $780 mn in Brazil - Mar 26, 2010
- Rio de Janeiro declared World Heritage Site - Jul 03, 2012
- Brazil's Embraer to begin building drones - Sep 09, 2011
- Brazilian firm makes deepwater oil find - Aug 27, 2012
- Brazil seeking $10 bn from Chevron for oil spill - Dec 16, 2011
- Five cities hold 25 percent of Brazil's national wealth - Dec 15, 2011
- Woman to head Brazilian oil giant - Jan 24, 2012
- Almost half of Brazilians overweight - Apr 11, 2012
- `Brazil ready to tackle ripple effects of eurozone crisis' - May 23, 2012
- Brazilian firm declares oil field commercially viable - Apr 26, 2012
- Brazil threatens Spanish firm with $10 mn fine - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: automobiles, brazil, brazilian authorities, condom manufacturer, condom manufacturers, condoms, consumers, customer complaints, customer service, efe, preventive measure, quality control, rio de janeiro