Boy Swallows Scissors But Survives MiraculouslyNovember 5th, 2010 - 5:30 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) 12 year old Curtis Francis, had the narrowest escape of his life when he swallowed a scissor, after his mother turned her back. However, it was not as fatal as it could have been and his air-pipe was also not blocked.
After he swallowed the scissors, his mother saw that he was coughing blood. She immediately dialed the medical help line 999. Curtis Francis was then taken to the Bristol Royal Infirmary in an ambulance and under general anesthetic, a surgery was done in order to remove the scissors. However, the doctor said that he was quite lucky for not suffering any severe injury or major damage. As of now, Curtis Francis is completely out of danger. He did not realize how dangerous it could have been. It all happened when Karon Edwards went to the kitchen to put the kettle. By that time, the child placed the scissors inside his mouth and apparently swallowed it. Even his mother, Karon Edwards, did not initially imagine the prospects of danger, as she thought that her son had swallowed a pen lid. However, she panicked when he started coughing blood. By the time the ambulance arrived both she and her son were in tears, and her tension was increased to several folds when the X-ray report confirmed that it was not a pen lid but a pair of scissors.
Karon Edwards said that it was the worst day of her life, as she could have just lost her son. She said that although she is very careful about her son, now it is not always possible as Curtis Francis is getting older. It was horrendous as she had no clue that her could could swallow a scissor.
- Brit boy suffers only minor cuts after swallowing a pair of nail scissors - Nov 05, 2010
- 12 Year Old Curtis Francis Survives Swallowing Scissors - Nov 06, 2010
- Mom cuts son's penis because she wanted a girl - Jan 17, 2012
- Italian kills wife for being 'too beautiful' - Jul 03, 2012
- 7-years-old boy suffers two heart attacks because of a nut allergy - Jan 28, 2011
- Teen kills aunt, two others to avenge grudge - Apr 23, 2012
- Joseff Edwards is a student cum school bus driver - Dec 02, 2011
- Legendary Actor Tony Curtis Passes Away - Oct 01, 2010
- Woman dumps new-born girl from moving vehicle - Feb 09, 2012
- Two Florida officers shot and killed after traffic stop, suspect still missing - Jun 30, 2010
- Doctors save dog Daisy's life after she swallows a 2-inch needle - May 22, 2012
- Young mother 'stabs baby with scissors' - Apr 10, 2011
- Doctors take out pen cover from nine-year-old's lungs - Dec 07, 2009
- U.S. prosecutors to bring charges against Senator Edwards - May 26, 2011
- Patient swallows syringe, seeks fine from hospital - Apr 23, 2012
Tags: air pipe, ambulance, bristol royal infirmary, clue, coughing blood, edwards, general anesthetic, kar, karon, medical help, news 12, nov 5, pair of scissors, prospects, scissor, swallows, tension, x ray