Boy Swallows Scissors But Survives Miraculously

November 5th, 2010 - 5:30 pm ICT by GD  

By Meena Kar
scissorNov 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) 12 year old Curtis Francis, had the narrowest escape of his life when he swallowed a scissor, after his mother turned her back. However, it was not as fatal as it could have been and his air-pipe was also not blocked.

After he swallowed the scissors, his mother saw that he was coughing blood. She immediately dialed the medical help line 999. Curtis Francis was then taken to the Bristol Royal Infirmary in an ambulance and under general anesthetic, a surgery was done in order to remove the scissors. However, the doctor said that he was quite lucky for not suffering any severe injury or major damage. As of now, Curtis Francis is completely out of danger. He did not realize how dangerous it could have been. It all happened when Karon Edwards went to the kitchen to put the kettle. By that time, the child placed the scissors inside his mouth and apparently swallowed it. Even his mother, Karon Edwards, did not initially imagine the prospects of danger, as she thought that her son had swallowed a pen lid. However, she panicked when he started coughing blood. By the time the ambulance arrived both she and her son were in tears, and her tension was increased to several folds when the X-ray report confirmed that it was not a pen lid but a pair of scissors.

Karon Edwards said that it was the worst day of her life, as she could have just lost her son. She said that although she is very careful about her son, now it is not always possible as Curtis Francis is getting older. It was horrendous as she had no clue that her could could swallow a scissor.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Health, Odd news |

Subscribe