Bollywood singer Shreya Ghoshal to enliven AAPI US tourAugust 5th, 2012 - 10:08 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Aug 5 (IANS) Bollywood singer Shreya Ghoshal is joining an American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI) sponsored nine-city spectacular musical programme combined with educational and networking opportunities across the United States.
The programme has been organised with the objective of bringing continuing medical education (CME) and non-CME sponsored medical lectures, exhibits, gala dinner, community outreach talks and lively musical nite in each of the nine cities, AAPI said.
The programme starts with the first performance on Sep 21 in Charlotte, North Carolina with the grand finale on Oct 7 in San Jose, California.
Other performances will be in New York Sep 22; Columbus, Ohio Sep 23;
Orlando, Florida Sep 28; Houston, Texas Sep 29; Atlanta, Georgia Sep 30; Washington DC Oct 5; and Dallas, Texas Oct 6.
“It all began with the idea of strengthening the relationship between the AAPI chapters and national office,” says Dr. Narendra Kumar, President of AAPI.
The Ssminars and workshops will be led by accomplished faculty of leading cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons and psychiatrists.
Each of the nine medical educational programmes is expected to have an audience of 250-400 physicians, which will be followed by annual gala event and entertainment.
The AAPI Charitable Foundation, which is committed to serve the poorest of the poor in remote areas of India and the US,currently oversees 17 clinics in as many states in India.
Moving forward, the Foundation wants to “fulfil our organization’s goal of supporting at least one clinic in each Indian State,” said Foundation Nick Nipan Shroff.
- Kochi to host AAPI's global healthcare summit - Sep 05, 2012
- Opthamologists bemoan deterioration in the field - Sep 02, 2012
- Indian origin physicians in US seek more opportunities - Jul 30, 2012
- Indian-origin physicians in US is a 'force to reckon with' (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Medical Scholarships FAQs - Dec 08, 2010
- Indian-American doctor offers healthcare solutions for India - Aug 13, 2012
- Obama revives bodies to address problems of Asian Americans - Oct 15, 2009
- UAE medicos to get training from US health experts - May 18, 2010
- Indian-American doctor convicted of health care fraud - Mar 15, 2012
- Canadian, Indian experts join hands to tackle Haemophilia - Sep 03, 2010
- Six Indian-Americans win fellowships - Apr 28, 2012
- Five mental clinics to come up in Jammu region - Jul 02, 2012
- Family physicians needed in Arab world - Sep 06, 2011
- Texas couple charged for practicing medicine without proper licenses and defrauding Medicaid - Mar 11, 2010
- NRI doctors suggest steps to improve healthcare in India - Jan 02, 2009
Tags: american association of physicians of indian origin, cardiovascular surgeons, charitable foundation, charlotte north carolina, community outreach, continuing medical education, first performance, gala dinner, gala event, grand finale, medical education cme, medical lectures, narendra kumar, networking opportunities, oct 5, psychiatrists, san jose california, shroff, states in india, york sep