Bill Gates to meet AkhileshMay 29th, 2012 - 4:16 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 29 (IANS) Microsoft founder Bill Gates will meet Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav here Wednesday to discuss healthcare in the state.
The 56-year-old Gates is likely discuss a host of healthcare programmes that the Bill and Melinda Foundation plans to take up in the state.
An advance team from Gate’s office has met senior officials in the state last week and done the ground work for the Gates-Akhilesh meeting.
Gates is likely to present a five-point programme that his foundation plans to unveil in UP to enhance healthcare in sectors like neo-natal care, maternity, nutrition, family planning and child health.
Under the schemes Gates proposes to suggest and fund include compulsory immunization, timely and extensive care of a would-be-mother and her nutrition.
Gates is also understood to be particularly interested in taking up drives like polio eradication and other vaccinations, which are in poor state in UP.
- Bill Gates-Akhilesh to sign MoU on health - May 30, 2012
- Azad meets Bill, Melinda Gates - Mar 22, 2011
- Bill Gates discusses polio, other health related issues in Pakistan with Zardari - Apr 07, 2011
- Bill, Melinda Gates meet Health Minister Azad, discuss issues relating to polio vaccination - Mar 22, 2011
- Gates praises India for containing polio - May 31, 2012
- Polio may be eradicated from India in two-three years: Gates - Mar 24, 2011
- Gates meets Health Secretary - May 14, 2010
- Hyderabad foundation gets $100,000 grant for polio vaccine - May 10, 2012
- A year of no polio: India triumphs, but risks remains - Jan 11, 2012
- A new 'Gate-way' for India's Africa diplomacy - May 31, 2012
- A year of no polio: India triumphs, but risks remains (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Bill Gates to visit Bihar for anti-polio drive (Lead) - May 11, 2010
- Global health award for Bihar chief minister - Jan 03, 2012
- US, UN and Islamic group join forces to fight polio - Dec 03, 2009
- Gates worried over polio in Pakistan - Jun 18, 2011
Tags: advance team, bill and melinda, bill and melinda foundation, bill gates, chief minister, child health, compulsory immunization, extensive care, family planning, founder bill gates, lucknow, maternity, microsoft founder, natal care, polio, polio eradication, sectors, senior officials, vaccinations, yadav