Bill Gates-Akhilesh to sign MoU on healthMay 30th, 2012 - 9:24 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 30 (IANS) Microsoft founder Bill Gates met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday and offered the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s support to help improve health services in the state.
It was decided that a memorandum of understanding (MOU) shall be signed within two months between the UP government and the Foundation, an official said.
The Foundation shall provide technical, management and programme design support in the maternal, neonatal and child health, vaccination and other health and agriculture related programmes.
The chief minister apprised the 56-year-old Gates about the efforts undertaken by his government to tackle the poor health indicators.
He also discussed with Gates the problems of vector borne diseases like tuberculosis and Japanese encephalitis in parts of the state.
- Bill Gates to meet Akhilesh - May 29, 2012
- Azad meets Bill, Melinda Gates - Mar 22, 2011
- Gates to meet Krishna - May 30, 2012
- Bill Gates to visit India this week - Mar 21, 2011
- Bill Gates signs health projects with Bihar government - May 12, 2010
- Global health award for Bihar chief minister - Jan 03, 2012
- Gates praises India for containing polio - May 31, 2012
- US firm gets $220 mn Gates grant to combat TB - Mar 15, 2012
- Gates meets Health Secretary - May 14, 2010
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to focus on drugs, vaccine research - Mar 24, 2011
- Bill, Melinda Gates meet Health Minister Azad, discuss issues relating to polio vaccination - Mar 22, 2011
- Gates Foundation, Bihar ink deal for better health - May 13, 2010
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects - Apr 14, 2012
- China reports 900,000 TB cases in 2011 - Mar 21, 2012
- Hyderabad foundation gets $100,000 grant for polio vaccine - May 10, 2012
Tags: bill and melinda, bill and melinda gates, bill and melinda gates foundation, bill gates, chief minister, child health, founder bill gates, health indicators, health services, japanese encephalitis, lucknow, melinda gates foundation, memorandum of understanding, microsoft founder, mou, poor health, technical management, vaccination, vector borne diseases, yadav