Bengal dengue death toll rises to fourSeptember 5th, 2012 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 5 (IANS) The official dengue toll in West Bengal has risen to four with the disease striking 789 people, according to the state health department Wednesday.
A 47-year-old woman, who died at Calcutta Medical College and Hospital Sep 1, has been diagnosed as a dengue victim after her reports confirmed that she had the disease.
In worst affected Kolkata, 497 patients are down with dengue, while the figure in the adjacent North 24 Parganas district is 135.
The disease has hit 16 of the 19 districts in the state, the department said.
However, unofficial sources put the death toll at 23.
With a large number of people afflicted with the disease, there was a scarcity of beds in both government and private hospitals in the city.
- Over 1,200 now down with dengue in Bengal - Sep 10, 2012
- Delay in checking dengue in Bengal, says governor - Sep 11, 2012
- Mamata slams doctors for fuelling dengue scare - Sep 04, 2012
- Over 1,000 now down with dengue in Bengal - Sep 08, 2012
- Bengal rights panel seeks report on dengue from government - Sep 18, 2012
- Bengal to increase awareness in dengue affected areas - Aug 11, 2012
- Bengal dengue toll goes up to 3, confirmed cases 638 - Sep 01, 2012
- Bengal dengue cases rise to 643; cause Congress, Trinamool spat - Sep 02, 2012
- Mamata visits dengue patients, repeats tips to fight disease - Sep 06, 2012
- Dengue kills three more in Andhra - Oct 25, 2011
- Mamata against controlled diet - Sep 04, 2012
- 80 confirmed cases of dengue in Bengal - Aug 10, 2012
- Lahore dengue toll rises to 106 (Lead) - Sep 27, 2011
- Calcutta High Court admits dengue PIL, asks state about measures - Sep 07, 2012
- Viral fever hits Kerala's Alappuzha - May 01, 2011