Bengal dengue cases reach 570August 31st, 2012 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 30 (IANS) The number of confirmed dengue cases in West Bengal has gone up to 570, the state health department said Friday.
“The total number of confirmed dengue cases is 570. In Kolkata alone, there are 352 cases of dengue,” said a health department statement.
The department had earlier announced that out of the confirmed dengue cases, two patients, including a girl, have died. Nine-year old Sreeja Das was the first dengue victim in the state.
The epidemic had struck in the second week of August.
Several people in and around Kolkata have been hospitalised with symptoms similar to dengue.
The state government is to launch an intense awareness campaign throughout the disease-prone areas and train 142 medical officers of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) to tackle the menace, as most of the confirmed cases are reported in the city.
The dengue-prone areas have been divided into category A and B, going by the intensiveness of the disease in the area. Kolkata is under category A and areas of Howrah, Siliguri and Asansol are under category B.
- 517 dengue cases, two deaths in Bengal - Aug 30, 2012
- 313 cases of dengue reported in West Bengal - Aug 27, 2012
- Bengal dengue toll goes up to 3, confirmed cases 638 - Sep 01, 2012
- Bengal to increase awareness in dengue affected areas - Aug 11, 2012
- 209 cases of dengue in Bengal - Aug 24, 2012
- Bengal dengue cases rise to 643; cause Congress, Trinamool spat - Sep 02, 2012
- 109 cases of dengue in Bengal - Aug 23, 2012
- Mamata raps civic bodies for negligence in preventing dengue - Sep 07, 2012
- 80 confirmed cases of dengue in Bengal - Aug 10, 2012
- Bengal rights panel seeks report on dengue from government - Sep 18, 2012
- Now Karachi frets over dengue outbreak - Aug 22, 2011
- "Mamatadidi MBBS" tackles dengue (West Bengal newsletter) - Sep 08, 2012
- Bengal dengue death toll rises to four - Sep 05, 2012
- Five more swine flu cases in Lucknow - Aug 23, 2012
- EU experts in Sri Lanka to study dengue - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: awareness campaign, confirmed cases, dengue cases, epidemic, intense awareness, kolkata municipal corporation, medical officers, prone areas, siliguri, state government, state health department, west bengal