Bangalore’s first two swine flu cases recover, no new casesJune 22nd, 2009 - 6:24 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 22 (IANS) A 29-year-old woman and her three-year-old daughter, the first two cases of swine flu detected in Bangalore, have recovered and were discharged from a city hospital Monday, officials said.
The mother and daughter had come to Bangalore from New York on an Air-France flight June 13 and were admitted to the hospital after testing positive for the influenza A (H1N1) virus.
“The first two cases were sent home Monday as they have fully recovered. Six more cases under treatment are responding well to the medicines,” Shashidhar Buggi, director of the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases here, told IANS.
He said there was no fresh case reported Monday. Bangalore had eight confirmed cases.
“We had total eight confirmed cases of swine flu. Of the six still under treatment, the results of further tests on three are awaited. But all are recovering and doing well,” Buggi said.
- Two swine flu patients under treatment in Bangalore - Jun 15, 2009
- Four new swine flu cases in Delhi, India's tally 43 (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2009
- Man dies, swine flu toll is 15 in Karnataka - Aug 25, 2009
- Three more swine flu cases in Bangalore, tally 38 (Lead) - Jun 18, 2009
- Swede quarantined with swine flu symptoms in Bangalore - Jun 16, 2009
- Bangalore gets new isolation ward to tackle rising swine flu - Jun 20, 2009
- One more swine flu case in India, total 17 (Lead) - Jun 13, 2009
- Two more swine flu cases in India, total 19 - Jun 14, 2009
- 20-month-old tests positive, India's swine flu cases at 17 (Roundup) - Jun 13, 2009
- Three more swine flu cases in India, total 20 (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2009
- India reports two more swine flu deaths, toll hits 66 (Lead) - Aug 25, 2009
- Mother-child infected with swine flu, India's cases at 19 (Lead) - Jun 14, 2009
- 8 new swine flu cases in Hyderabad, India's tally crosses 200 - Jul 13, 2009
- Several Bangaloreans volunteer for swine flu screening - Jun 17, 2009
- 44 swine flu cases in India, but Azad says no worries (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2009