Baby declared dead wakes up in Argentine morgueApril 11th, 2012 - 11:46 am ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, April 11 (IANS/EFE) A baby born prematurely woke up in the morgue of a hospital in northern Argentina 12 hours after having been declared dead, authorities in Chaco province said Tuesday.
The assistant health secretary for Chaco, Rafael Sabatinelli, called the incident “unfortunate”, adding that an investigation will be launched focusing on the health professionals involved in the matter at the hospital.
The incident occurred at Perrando Hospital when the mother of the little girl born six months after being conceived was asked to go to the morgue to see her daughter and discovered her alive.
“During the night I went with my husband to where the little coffin was. He used a lever and opened the coffin. Suddenly, I heard a whine. (The baby) was covered (and there was a lot of) frost,” said Analia Bouter.
The child is now in good health, according to press accounts.
“Each member of the personnel who were involved in the matter has responsibilities. So, they will have to pay accordingly for this,” said Sabatinelli in remarks cited by Diario Norte newspaper on its web site.
“We’re awaiting the results of the corresponding reports so that the matter may be clarified,” he added.
- Teenage soccer fan gunned down in Argentina - May 01, 2012
- Argentine comedian Jorge Luz is dead - Jul 16, 2012
- Argentine woman set ablaze by boyfriend dies - Feb 22, 2012
- Nine die in Dominican Republic fire - Nov 26, 2010
- Storm leaves 12 dead in Argentina - Apr 06, 2012
- Vehicle hits Mexican envoy who was walking his dog - Feb 06, 2011
- Argentine radio host wounded in botched robbery - Mar 14, 2012
- Ricky Martin would like to have a daughter - Jun 10, 2011
- Argentine rocker hospitalized - Jun 11, 2012
- Singer Vladimir Dotel hospitalized - Mar 19, 2012
- Maradona's mother is dead - Nov 21, 2011
- Actor Alberto de Mendoza is dead - Dec 13, 2011
- Argentine baby survives three days with bullet wound in chest - Feb 28, 2010
- Four die in Brazil plane crash - Feb 17, 2012
- Argentine province to produce Viagra for free distribution - Mar 23, 2012