Art of Living to conduct nation-wide meditation campsMay 12th, 2012 - 3:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 12 (IANS) With an aim to educate people on how meditation is healthy, and easy to learn and practice, 1,700 centres across India will host a meditation initiative by the Art of Living, an official said.
“Art of Living will conduct a nationwide ‘Meditate India’ starting Sunday. The initiative is aimed at raising awareness about the benefits of meditation and providing an opportunity for people to internalise meditation in their lifestyle,” an official from Art of Living said here.
Being launched Sunday, which also is the birthday of the Art of Living founder, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, the initiative will educate people that meditation is healthy, easy to practice and results in good health, peace and happiness.
“The campaign will see people from all walks of life coming together to share some moments of silence through guided meditations at around 1,700 centres in India. The free meditation camps will be conducted in residential localities, corporate houses, schools, colleges and parks all over India,” the official said.
The initiative will run till May 31.
- Argentina varsity to foster ties with Art of Living - Sep 07, 2012
- Art of Living has presence in 150 countries - May 31, 2010
- Mumbaikars participate in 'Yogathon' on World Health Day - Apr 07, 2012
- Argentines throng meditation session with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar - Sep 10, 2012
- 1.25 million people to observe 'Yogathon' Saturday - Apr 06, 2012
- Ravi Shankar in Argentina to promote world peace - Sep 05, 2012
- Thousands of Argentines turn up to hear Indian guru - Sep 06, 2012
- Hafeez Contractor plans Dubai-like 'New Patna' on Ganges - Apr 26, 2012
- Art of Living brings Indian culture carnival to Berlin (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar escapes unhurt as gunman opens fire (Lead) - May 31, 2010
- Scriptures to help fight HIV-AIDS - Mar 12, 2011
- 360 degree art spaces - the new buzzword in India (Feature) - Mar 31, 2012
- Sri Sri's father passes away - Jun 08, 2011
- Hindu groups to meet in Goa - Jun 08, 2012
- Transcendental Meditation 'improves Math and English scores' - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: aim, benefits of meditation, colleges, corporate houses, free meditation, good health, guided meditations, India, Life Style, localities, meditation initiative, moments of silence, peace and happiness, ravi shankar, sri sri ravi, walks of life