Anti-wrinkle jabs may cause ‘irreversible’ damageNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:29 am ICT by admin
He then asked 900 surgeons for more evidence on ‘filler’ jabs like Botox, and now carbon dioxide.
Based on what he has learnt, Dr Marchac believes that one in 20 people will be left with permanent damage by taking such injections.
These ‘filler’ jabs are of two types: One intended to be permanent and the other to be absorbed into the skin, and repeated after six months.
According to Dr Marchac from time to time these injections create serious problems.
“All of the permanent fillers are creating, from time to time, serious problems with bumps and deformities, and sometimes you have to operate,” the Daily Mail quoted him, as saying.
“All serious plastic surgeons agree one should avoid permanent fillers. We will see in the future patients of 50 who have had 15 years of fillers, with fibrous, tough tissue we won’t be able to do anything with.
“The serious things are the permanent fillers, and the second is abuse of resolvable fillers.”
Dr Sherrell Aston, chairman of plastic surgery at Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, New York, said: “I am really concerned that in 15 years we will see a lot of people with lumps and bumps and no good way to treat it.” (ANI)
- Nocedure-the better botox sans the telltale signs - Dec 29, 2010
- Here comes the - botox - bride - Jul 13, 2012
- LiLo got filler in her lips before jail: Plastic surgeons - Jul 22, 2010
- Looking young with dermal fillers - Sep 13, 2011
- More men in US undergoing plastic surgery to 'look good' - Mar 21, 2011
- US teenagers get 12,000 botox jabs in a year - Aug 13, 2010
- Brit plastic surgeons warn women about risks from breast enlargements - Jun 08, 2009
- 'Vampire facelift' using patient's own blood latest cosmetic fad - Feb 23, 2011
- More men going under the knife to look good - Mar 21, 2011
- Doc warns 'pillow-faced' Jordan of paralysis if she doesn't lay off surgery - Jun 17, 2010
- Surgeons weigh in on Demi Moore's 'youthful' looks - Apr 17, 2010
- An 'explosion' in the number of boob jobs in run-up to Christmas - Dec 08, 2010
- Dracula therapy: Fighting ageing with your own blood - Nov 16, 2011
- Botox Injections Approved By FDA To Treat Migraines - Oct 18, 2010
- Lips to nose, cosmetic packages boom for Valentine's Day - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: deformities, dr daniel, fibrous connective tissue, irreversible damage, jabs, lumps and bumps, mail, manhattan eye ear and throat hospital, permanent damage, permanent fillers, serious things, sherrell aston, subcutaneous tissue