Annual awards announced for 50 homeopathsMay 25th, 2012 - 12:41 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 24 (IANS) Fifty homeopaths across India will be given the Malati Allen Nobel Award every year by a private company as a means of encouragement, the firm’s official said here Thursday.
The award, instituted by the Dr. Malati Allen Charitable Trust under the healthcare company Allen Group, comprises a cash reward of Rs.10,000 along with a medal and medical kits.
The awardees would be chosen from among toppers in homeopathy medical colleges in the country. The award would be given May 27 every year.
The trust has also announced a lifetime achievement “Dr. Mahatma Hahnemann Award” , which would be conferred this year on Dr. Ramjee Singh, president, Central Council of Homeopathy.
“The central government should come forward to help homeopathy, as it is the cheapest treatment in India,” said G.P. Sarkar, one of the founder directors of the group.
- 'Homeopathy fast becoming preferred mode of treatment in India' - Dec 05, 2011
- Recognise hospitals practising alternative systems: Homeopathic Congress - Dec 19, 2010
- International homeopathy meet starts in Agra - Feb 07, 2010
- Homeopathy is witchcraft: British Medical Association - May 16, 2010
- Homeopathy meet to be held in Delhi next month - Nov 17, 2011
- A German award to commemorate Tagore's 150 years - Jan 17, 2012
- 'Homeopathy tricks you into feeling better' - Nov 15, 2010
- Homeopathy is witchcraft, according to Brit docs - May 16, 2010
- Chinese scientist wins US award for malaria drug - Sep 15, 2011
- Dalai Lama gets Mahatma Gandhi peace prize - Jan 04, 2012
- Britain not to go ahead with ban on homeopathy - Jul 27, 2010
- Forget taking appointments? An online GP just a click away! - Feb 20, 2011
- Bhupen Hazarika conferred Padma Vibhushan posthumously - Mar 22, 2012
- Udaipur royal scion bags prestigious UN award - May 30, 2012
- Tripura to set up dental, ayurvedic, homeopathic colleges - Jul 14, 2012
Tags: allen group, cash reward, central government, charitable trust, encouragement, hahnemann, healthcare company, homeopaths, homeopathy, India, lifetime achievement, mahatma, malati, may 24, medical colleges, medical kits, nobel award, private company, sarkar, toppers