Anna’s health improving: DoctorAugust 29th, 2011 - 2:32 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Aug 29 (IANS) Activist Anna Hazre’s health is improving and his blood pressure and heart rate have become stable. However, his normal diet has not been resumed as yet, a doctor attending on him said Monday.
“The improvement has started. He has lost only 200 grams (since Sunday), which was earlier 500 grams per day. So it is a sign of improvement,” said Naresh Trehan, who has been monitoring Hazare’s condition at Medanta Medicity, Gurgaon.
Hazare broke his 12-day fast against corruption Sunday morning after drinking coconut water and honey mixture. Thereafter, he was taken to the hospital where he is being given coconut water and honey at regular intervals.
“The weight has stabilised. He has not started the complete diet, it will be done eventually for gradual recovery,” Trehan said in the medical bulletin.
Doctors also conducted chest X-rays which gave “clear reports”. “Blood ketones have reduced. We will conduct more tests for timely monitoring,” Trehan said, adding that Hazare lost around seven kg during the fasting period.
- Inner power helped Anna: Trehan - Aug 28, 2011
- No one knows who would foot Anna's hospital bill - Aug 30, 2011
- Day nine: Anna's health deteriorates (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Anna's health stable but worrisome: doctors (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- Supporters throng Gurgaon hospital to see Anna - Aug 28, 2011
- Anna reaches Delhi for medical check-up - Jan 29, 2012
- Anna ends fast, celebrations across the country (Intro Roundup) - Aug 28, 2011
- Anna stable but weak - Aug 27, 2011
- Hazare discharged from hospital, leaves for village - Aug 31, 2011
- Hazare's health improving, says doctor - Aug 31, 2011
- Will power keeping fasting Hazare in form: Doctors - Aug 22, 2011
- Fasting Hazare loses six kg - Aug 25, 2011
- Anna Hazare's health deteriorates: Kiran Bedi - Aug 23, 2011
- Anna not well, might be hospitalised - Aug 28, 2011
- Get well soon: Iqra to Anna - Aug 28, 2011
Tags: activist, blood pressure, chest x rays, coconut water, corruption, diet, doctors, hazre, Health Science, heart rate, honey mixture, intervals, ketones, kg, medical bulletin, medicity gurgaon, sunday morning, trehan