An egg a day keeps unwanted calories at bayDecember 11th, 2011 - 1:15 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 10 (IANS) While an apple a day is known for keeping the doctor away, researchers suggest going to work on an egg everyday could be the best way to start the day. For, they say, it can also keep unwanted intake of calories at bay.
According to a Surrey University study, the first of its kind in Britain, eating eggs for breakfast can help slash the calories eaten at lunch and dinner. They keep us fuller for longer compared with other common breakfast foods.
The researchers suggest, eggs are also better for people who want to resist afternoon snacks on biscuits, cake or chocolate.
The study tested three typical breakfasts with the same level of calories - eggs on toast, cornflakes with milk and toast, or a croissant and orange juice.
Adding to the growing body of evidence to support eggs as a key ingredient of weight-loss diets, the Surrey team found volunteers felt fuller for longer and had a lower desire to eat after the egg breakfast compared with the other ones.
The egg breakfast also led to a significantly lower intake of energy at lunch and evening meals compared with the other common breakfasts.
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Know your diet personality type to cut your flab - Apr 18, 2011
- Popping raisins curbs calorie intake in children - Jun 03, 2012
- A big breakfast 'won't help you shed those pounds' - Jan 17, 2011
- Pregnant Jessica Alba has fun snacking in Big Apple - Mar 07, 2011
- Eat eggs for breakfast to lose weight - Apr 13, 2010
- Herbal pill can cut your appetite by a fifth: Study - Mar 27, 2010
- Big Breakfast Makes You More Fat - Jan 22, 2011
- Beat diabetes with a wheat and rice free diet - Aug 05, 2011
- Get slim with a breakfast of muesli with milk, tinned peaches and yoghurt - Apr 18, 2009
- Protein-rich breakfast wards off overeating - May 20, 2011
- High protein breakfasts can help obese teens manage weight - Jun 03, 2010
- 3 square meals a day with lean protein help curb hunger for weight loss - Apr 01, 2011
- Mumbai, a city that never stops eating! - May 21, 2012
- Dessert with breakfast can benefit dieters - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,