Ambulance! Bring me a steamed bunJuly 16th, 2011 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 16 (IANS) A man in China called for an ambulance as he complained of chest pain. And when the ambulance arrived, he asked the staff to go and buy him two steamed buns.
Beijing’s 120 Emergency Medical Center said that 30 percent of emergency ambulance calls were unnecessary.
“This month, for the ambulance I’m assigned to, 30 to 40 runs were from timewasters out of 140 in total,” a doctor, Zhao, said.
Zhao said one man called for ambulance, and when it arrived he said he was hungry and asked the crew to go out and buy him two steamed buns, the People’s Daily reported.
“There were drunks asking for a ride home, and a man who said he was dizzy and actually wanted us to settle a fight with his wife. So we don’t waste limited emergency resources, we really hope that we can get some legislation established,” said Zhao.
Li Jianren, an official, told the Global Times that they usually have 100 ambulances on duty out of a fleet of 400.
“We receive a lot of calls about people who had fainted by the roadside, but actually they are just sleeping in the shade,” Li said.
- Chinese killed by poisoned needle - Jul 24, 2012
- Chinese student saves man from train, may lose legs - Jul 16, 2012
- Chinese netizens criticize their medical emergency hotline - Jun 30, 2009
- Pawar feels dizzy, hospitalized (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- The Wanted rescue fan who fainted - Jul 10, 2012
- Gurdwara gunshots heard in phone calls for help - Aug 16, 2012
- Good samaritan in China tracked down through internet - Aug 28, 2012
- Dizzy Pawar taken to hospital, discharged (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Teenaged hacker jailed in China - May 04, 2012
- Chinese man jailed for robbing corn on the cob - Jul 18, 2012
- China focuses on quality of life in family planning - Jul 12, 2011
- UP rolls out ambulance service for villages, districts - Aug 22, 2012
- China blacklists 151 materials forbidden in food, feed - Apr 24, 2011
- Joan Collins' too-tight dress makes her swoon at Vanity Fair party - Mar 01, 2011
- Following guilt pang, man surrenders for raping girl - Aug 08, 2011