Adult Industry Medical Health Care Foundation closed againMay 6th, 2011 - 12:21 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, May 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Adult Industry Medical Health Care Foundation (AIM) has been closed down for the second time in six months. Unlike the other closure, the officials say the clinic will not be opened again this time.
The clinic served as the major health service provider for the porn industry. The players in the porn industry were tested for HIV every month to know their status. AIM’s significance in this regard has been criticized. Critics say the HIV checks does not in any way assure that a person will not have HIV infection. It has been reported for some time that AIM will be closing down. The internal website of the organization was shut down on Tuesday. The website periodically displayed the HIV status of porn stars.
The policy to display the HIV status of porn stars has got AIM sued by many performers. The Free Speech Coalition which advocates for transparency in the porn industry say the financial burden resulting from the suits was becoming too much for AIM.
With the closure of AIM, porn performers are now required to show a proof of their HIV status before they will be allowed to continue performing.
- 'Porn Wikileaks' enrages adult industry by revealing porn stars' real names - Apr 01, 2011
- HIV positive porn star sends shock waves throughout adult film industry - Oct 13, 2010
- 2 porn companies 'halt production after star tests HIV positive' - Oct 14, 2010
- HIV-positive porn actor did not infect others, says clinic - Nov 06, 2010
- HIV tests negative for porn stars who worked with 'Patient Zero' - Oct 23, 2010
- California porn film industry refuses to play ball with health officials - Apr 17, 2011
- Indonesia blocks 1 mn porn websites before Ramadan - Jul 18, 2012
- HIV positive porn star Derrick Burts speaks out - Dec 08, 2010
- AIIMS trauma centre's patient update facility praised - Oct 30, 2011
- HIV-positive porn star calls for compulsory condom use in films - Dec 09, 2010
- One in five of HIV-infected develop dementia - Jun 30, 2011
- Niira Radia shuts down public relation firms Vaishnavi, Neucom - Oct 30, 2011
- Can TB patients say "Rights Here, Right Now"? - Jul 21, 2010
- Porn stars to wear condoms in LA - Jan 26, 2012
- Roberto Alomar's girl friend sues him for infecting her with HIV - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: adult industry medical, adult industry medical health, adult industry medical health care, adult industry medical health care foundation, closure, financial burden, free speech coalition, health care foundation, health service provider, hiv, hiv infection, hiv status, industry medical health care foundation, major health, medical health care, porn industry, porn performers, porn stars, second time, transparency