Abu Dhabi launches health inspectionJune 19th, 2012 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, June 19 (IANS/WAM) Abu Dhabi has launched an inspection on various businesses like salons, beauty parlours, laundries, cafeterias and restaurants to check whether they were adhering to health regulations.
The campaign, run by the Public Health Division of the Municipality of Abu Dhabi City, issued 113 offence tickets and 74 warnings to offenders.
Kahlifa Al Rumaithi, director of the public health at the municipality, who led the inspection team, said the inspectors checked whether the places followed dress codes during working hours, and ensured they sterilize the equipment.
The inspectors took samples of cosmetics used in salons for microbiological tests to verify their conformity with health standards.
- Five tonnes of sub-standard food destroyed in Abu Dhabi - Jul 02, 2011
- Two tonnes of fake cosmetics seized in UAE in 2011 - Feb 13, 2012
- New device to detect bacterial contamination in meat - Aug 23, 2010
- Three tonnes of expired cosmetics seized in UAE - Jul 12, 2010
- Abu Dhabi bans dogs in public places - Jan 06, 2011
- UAE, Iraqi army chiefs meet - Apr 08, 2012
- UAE, New Zealand discuss defence issues - Sep 12, 2011
- UAE-US officials discuss military cooperation - Dec 11, 2011
- Abu Dhabi approves developmental projects - Mar 04, 2012
- UAE approves new veterinary products - Feb 27, 2012
- Britain,UAE joint economic meet held - May 17, 2012
- 35 tonnes of tobacco seized in Abu Dhabi - Mar 31, 2011
- UAE armed forces holds mass wedding for troopers - Dec 29, 2011
- UAE charity to promote community services - Apr 23, 2011
- Abu Dhabi spreads public health awareness - Dec 11, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi city, beauty parlours, cafeterias, conformity, cosmetics, dress codes, health inspection, health regulations, health standards, microbiological tests, municipality, offence, public health division, restaurants, wam