Aamir Khan plans campaign against child malnutritionJuly 4th, 2011 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) Bollywood actor Aamir Khan Monday met Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath to discuss his plans for a campaign against child malnutrition.
Speaking to IANS after the meeting, the actor whose recent film ‘Delhi Belly’ has done very well commercially, said: “We are launching this campaign with the aim of reaching each and every child in the country. I will be the face of the campaign.”
“There are four very important steps that we are going to cover in this campaign. Starting right from the time when the baby is in the womb of the mother, where the feeding of the mother is the most important, to the time the child’s feeding includes not only breast feeding, but also natural food,” he said.
A ministry official said that Aamir met the minister along with his creative team, led by lyricist Prasoon Joshi.
“He made a presentation on his concept and how he plans to spearhead the campaign on arousing consciousness among people about ill effects of malnutrition and prevent children from the trap of malnutrition,” the official said.
Aamir said: “I am an entertainer when I am acting in a film and I am a social person when I am associated with an issue like this.”
- Aamir, Prasoon Joshi making 50 shorts on malnutrition - May 07, 2012
- Aamir thanks Akshat, Abhinay for 'Delhi Belly' success - Jul 07, 2011
- Lot to be done to address malnutrition: Aamir Khan - Nov 30, 2011
- Prasoon favours meaningful songs over brash lyrics - Jan 16, 2012
- Javed-Rahman combination best, says Shabana Azmi - Feb 17, 2012
- Songs are becoming like jingles: Prasoon Joshi (Interview) - Jul 12, 2012
- Farhan's date with Milkha Singh - Nov 12, 2011
- Sukhwinder sings for Aamir's TV show - Mar 18, 2012
- Aamir Khan resigns from Copyright Act committee - Feb 17, 2010
- No plans for 'Delhi Belly' sequel: Aamir Khan - Oct 22, 2011
- India's young musicians ignoring traditional music: Prasoon Joshi (Interview) - Jun 04, 2012
- Meant for private, national channels, Aamir's show to make history - Apr 13, 2012
- Prasoon Joshi turns composer for 'Aarakshan' - Jun 09, 2011
- Aamir turns 'Indian Ocean' drummer to promote 'Peepli Live' (Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- 'Delhi Belly' for adults, has abusive language: Aamir - Jun 26, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,