92,000 pounds of chicken nuggets recalled as they contain plastic in themJuly 21st, 2010 - 9:16 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, July 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The US Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Services announced in a statement today that they have ordered the return of approximately 91,872 pounds of frozen chicken nugget products that is suspected of containing unwholesome materials. The lists of products to be returned appear below.
“GREAT VALUE Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets” which were 1 pound, 13 ounces each. The bags contained “P-33944” and “89008 A0160” as their establishment and case code numbers respectively. They were also inscribed with June 9, 2011 as their expiry dates.
The products were manufactured on June 9 2010 and were shipped to one exclusive retail store. Each case contained 8 bags of chicken nuggets.
Consumer complaints led the company to undertake an investigation which led to the discovery of small blue plastic pieces. According to the company officials any consumer should consult his doctor if there any injury concerns from consumption of this products. As per reports no causalities have taken place due to the consumption of the nuggets.
The FSIS will monitor the situation to ensure the recall takes place and similar anomalies don’t occur in future.
- Recall Of Chicken Nuggets, Produced By Perdue Farms And Vended At Wal-Mart, Takes Place - Jul 21, 2010
- Recall Of Frozen Chicken Nuggets Takes Place By Perdue Farms Inc - Jul 24, 2010
- 92,000 pounds of chicken nuggets recalled - Jul 21, 2010
- Chicken Nuggets Recalled After Blue Substance Found - Jul 24, 2010
- Frozen Chicken Nugget Recalled By Perdue Farms - Jul 21, 2010
- Frozen Vegetables Recalled For Containing Glass Pieces - Oct 18, 2010
- Bison Meat Recalled By Colorado Company - Jul 05, 2010
- National Beef recalls beef over e-coli concerns - Aug 15, 2011
- Nestle recalls 10,260 pounds of Lean Cuisine frozen meals - Mar 15, 2011
- Campbell Soup recalls SpaghettiOs meatballs - Jun 21, 2010
- Ready-to-eat meat contains few cancerous compounds - Mar 23, 2011
- Eating wisely can lower carbon footprint: Study - May 14, 2012
- Eating wisely can lower carbon footprint: Study (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- National Steak & Poultry recalls beef products over E. coli contamination concerns - Dec 29, 2009
- Rachael Ray in the Kitchen with Tyra Banks and Rocco DiSpirito - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: anomalies, case code, chicken nugget, chicken nuggets, code numbers, company officials, consumer complaints, consumption, department of agriculture, discovery, expiry, food safety, frozen chicken, fsis, injury concerns, lists of products, plastic pieces, retail store, us department of agriculture, washington dc