91 cops ill after having chicken soup in PeruApril 23rd, 2012 - 12:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lima, April 23 (IANS/EFE) As many as 91 police officers were affected by food poisoning at their base in Mazuco, which is in Peru’s jungle region of Madre de Dios, after they had chicken soup, the Peruvian National Police said.
The officers had fever, vomiting and upset stomachs after consuming chicken soup at the base in Mazuco, located in Tambopata province, National Police southeast region commander Gen. Hector Dulanto said.
Many of the sick officers were taken to the police health service hospital in Cuzco city, Dulanto told Radio Programas del Peru, or RPP.
The National Police inspector general’s office will investigate the food poisoning case, Dulanto said.
- 1,000 girls sexually exploited in Peru mining camps - Sep 20, 2011
- Chopper goes missing in Peru - Jun 08, 2012
- Bodies of two US mountaineers found in Peru - Jul 30, 2012
- 15 die in Peru bus accident - Sep 14, 2012
- Items from Machu Picchu return to Peru after nearly a century - Mar 31, 2011
- Inmate kills girlfriend, stashes body in cell at Peru prison - Nov 30, 2010
- Man trapped in Peru gold mine rescued - Apr 20, 2012
- Peru's president relieves 22 generals - Jul 04, 2012
- 17 killed in Peru bus accident - Nov 19, 2010
- 12 die in Peru bus collision - Aug 29, 2010
- Peruvian cyclists take to road in buff - Mar 15, 2010
- Mummy found abandoned in Peru's capital - Sep 21, 2011
- Three die in Peru mining accident - Mar 03, 2012
- 17 killed in Peru bus accident - May 05, 2010
- 19 dead in Peru bus accident - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: chicken soup, cops, cuzco, efe, fever, food poisoning, health service, hector, inspector general, jungle, national police, peru lima, police inspector, police officers, radio programas del peru, region commander, rpp, southeast region, upset stomachs, vomiting