90 school kids hospitalised with food poisoning in ChinaSeptember 5th, 2012 - 12:38 am ICT by IANS
Guangzhou (China), Sep 4 (IANS) A total of 90 children were admitted to hospitals with food poisoning symptoms after having school lunches in China’s Guangdong Province Tuesday, local authorities said.
The latest case of suspected food poisoning linked to school meals was reported at a primary school in Boluo County, the county government said in a statement, reported Xinhua.
The statement added that the students reported signs of illness, including vomiting, after eating lunches provided by school and were instantly sent to local hospitals. As of 6 p.m., half of them had been discharged.
Local disease-control authorities said they had conducted tests in the school canteen, hoping to soon reveal the cause of the incident.
- 300 Chinese kids ill after having school lunch - Apr 10, 2012
- 28 kids fall ill after eating noodles in China - Mar 04, 2011
- 48 students fall ill after having mid-day meal - Jul 14, 2011
- 42 kids hit by food poisoning in China - Jul 08, 2011
- Chinese students hospitalised after eating noodles - Dec 24, 2010
- 60 children fall ill after mid-day meal - Sep 14, 2011
- 53 students taken ill after mid-day meal - Jul 16, 2011
- Over 50 fall ill at China wedding - May 07, 2012
- China to ensure quality food in schools - Oct 24, 2011
- 100 students suffer food poisoning on China campus - Apr 19, 2012
Tags: control authorities, county government, food poisoning symptoms, guangdong province, guangzhou china, hospitals, local authorities, school canteen, school kids, school lunches, school meals, signs, vomiting, xinhua