80 fall ill after eating at banquet in ChinaAugust 9th, 2010 - 8:04 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 9 (IANS) Over 80 people fell ill late Sunday after eating at a funeral banquet in China.
Villagers in Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region ate at a dinner Saturday night following the funeral of a local man. More than 80 people, however, sought medication for stomach ache and diarrhoea since 7 p.m. Sunday, authorities said.
Though no deaths have been reported and the sick villagers were all in a stable condition, officials said it was not known how many people ate the dinner, Xinhua reported.
The patients were taken to a clinic in Dongqi township and later transferred to hospitals in Rong’an town for further medical observation, a government spokesman said, adding that officials from the Disease Control Centre in Rong’an county have arrived to conduct investigation.
- 70 students suffer from food poisoning in China - Jun 25, 2010
- Chinese man who killed kids with rat poison executed - May 29, 2011
- Typhoon Nesat kills three in China - Oct 02, 2011
- Six die in China factory blast - Aug 22, 2010
- 18 killed in China landslides - Jun 02, 2010
- Death toll reaches 38 in China landslides - Jun 03, 2010
- 34 ill in S. China village after exposure to chemical gas leak - Aug 05, 2010
- Landslides kill 88 in China - Jun 19, 2010
- Food poisoning fells 80 sick in China - Jul 10, 2012
- China sentences three to death for killing tax official, family - Nov 11, 2011
- 300,000 evacuated as typhoon lands in south China - Sep 29, 2011
- Rescue work continues for 19 trapped miners in China - Jul 03, 2011
- World's largest medicinal botanic garden in China - Dec 09, 2011
- Over 50 fall ill at China wedding - May 07, 2012
- At least 10 dead, 55 injured as passenger train derails in China - May 23, 2010
Tags: authorities, autonomous region, china beijing, deaths, diarrhoea, disease control centre, government spokesman, hospitals, medication, observation, saturday night, stable condition, stomach ache, xinhua