70 ill after eating in restaurant near BeijingApril 24th, 2010 - 12:23 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 24 (IANS) At least 70 people have fallen ill after eating at a restaurant in a resort near here, police and health officials said Saturday.
The people showed symptoms of nausea and vomiting after having lunch Friday at the restaurant in Shuian Shanba, a holiday resort in the outskirts of Beijing.
Most of the sick people were treated in local hospitals and nine of them, including a two-year-old boy, were sent to a hospital in Beijing.
All nine people had clonidine, a drug for high blood pressure, in their blood, a doctor at the hospital was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
The victims’ food was probably contaminated with clonidine, he said.
Though the patients were all stable, they were unwilling to talk Saturday and dismissed reporters’ questions with “I’m tired and want to sleep.”
- Over 200 people suffer food poisoning in China - May 03, 2011
- 42 kids hit by food poisoning in China - Jul 08, 2011
- 300 Chinese kids ill after having school lunch - Apr 10, 2012
- 270 fall ill after having food in China factory - Jan 20, 2011
- Around 200 children fall sick due to food poisoning in Allahabad - Feb 27, 2011
- 20 fall ill after eating in Macau restaurant - Jun 27, 2010
- Nausea, speeding heart - signs of flu in pregnant women - May 06, 2010
- Nausea, palpitating heart signs of flu in pregnant women - May 06, 2010
- 90 school kids hospitalised with food poisoning in China - Sep 05, 2012
- Russian postal workers poisoned by toxic parcel - May 31, 2012
- Grape tomatoes recalled over salmonella risk - May 04, 2011
- 30 children fall ill after consuming iron pills at a school in Amritsar - May 22, 2010
- Drugs to treat nausea and vomiting raise clotting risk - Sep 22, 2010
- Hong Kong asks people not to eat meat products - Aug 02, 2010
- 8 fall sick in Assam after consuming wild mushrooms - Jun 06, 2012