68 new dengue cases in Delhi, total 1,580September 9th, 2010 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 9 (IANS) The national capital has witnessed a surge in the number of dengue cases in recent days with the Commonwealth Games host city reporting 68 new cases Thursday.
According to a Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) report, the total number of dengue cases so far this season has gone up to 1,580. The city has also witnessed four dengue deaths so far.
The South Delhi zone of the MCD topped the list with 260 cases, followed by Central Zone (225) and Civil Lines (188).
Of the total, there were 21 dengue patients from outside Delhi.
The number of patients of the vector-borne disease was only 12 last year, while it was 26 and 160, respectively, in the corresponding periods of 2007 and 2008.
With dengue cases rising in Delhi, there is a proposal to use the services of army to help fight mosquito breeding near the Commonwealth Games Village, where athletes and delegates will stay during the Oct 3-14 event.
- 97 new dengue case in Delhi, total 2,728 - Sep 24, 2010
- 74 more cases of dengue in New Delhi, total 1491 - Sep 08, 2010
- 93 new dengue cases in Delhi - Sep 25, 2010
- Prepared for monsoon: Delhi civic agency - Jun 02, 2011
- 72 new dengue cases in Delhi, total 1788 - Sep 12, 2010
- 64 new dengue cases in Delhi, total 1,716 - Sep 11, 2010
- 27 new dengue cases push total to 6,100 in Delhi - Nov 19, 2010
- 28 more cases of dengue in Delhi - Nov 22, 2010
- 69 new dengue cases in Delhi, total 434 - Aug 23, 2010
- 75 dengue cases in Delhi Monday, total 1,370 - Sep 06, 2010
- Azad holds review meet to check dengue in Delhi - Sep 03, 2010
- Mosquitoes breeding at 7 CWG sites, notices issued - Aug 10, 2010
- 35 new dengue cases in Delhi - Nov 09, 2010
- Delhi grapples with dengue, cases cross 2,500 mark - Sep 23, 2010
- Only two new dengue cases in Delhi - Nov 27, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,