29 new dengue cases in Delhi, total 6,035November 18th, 2010 - 7:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 18 (IANS) A total of 29 new cases of dengue were reported in the capital Thursday, taking the total number of cases this season to 6,035, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi said.
Shahdara (north) zone in east Delhi was the worst affected with 844 cases so far, while Rohini zone was the second worst-hit with 769 cases of the vector-borne disease.
However, civic officials expressed hope the incidence of the vector-borne disease was declining.
“These are the last few days of the dengue fever. The fever has subsided with post-Diwali rise in temperature,” said V.K. Monga, chairman of the MCD’s health committee.
The capital has been grappling with diseases such as dengue and chikungunya this year. A total of 60 cases of chikungunya, also a a vector-borne disease and causing fever and severe joint pain, have been reported in Delhi so far.
“The disease shares symptoms with dengue, but it is advisable to visit the doctor if high fever remains till the second day,” said Rommel Tickoo, senior physician at Max Hospital.
“Both dengue and chikungunya cause a dip in platelet count,” he added.
- 27 new dengue cases push total to 6,100 in Delhi - Nov 19, 2010
- Only two new dengue cases in Delhi - Nov 27, 2010
- 35 new dengue cases in Delhi - Nov 09, 2010
- 28 more cases of dengue in Delhi - Nov 22, 2010
- 25 more cases of dengue in Delhi - Nov 20, 2010
- Dengue cases cross 500 mark in Delhi - Oct 20, 2011
- 14 more dengue cases push Delhi total to 6,190 - Nov 23, 2010
- 30 more cases of dengue in Delhi - Nov 11, 2010
- Civic body imparts dengue lessons to schools - Jun 24, 2011
- 75 more infected with dengue in Delhi - Oct 28, 2010
- 73 new dengue cases reported in Delhi - Oct 27, 2010
- 68 dengue cases, Delhi total 4,747 - Oct 20, 2010
- 68 more dengue cases in Delhi, total now 2,153 - Sep 17, 2010
- Dengue cases climb up to 1,652 in Delhi - Sep 10, 2010
- No respite for Delhi from dengue - Sep 29, 2010
Tags: chikungunya, civic officials, dengue cases, dengue fever, diseases, diwali, east delhi, few days, health committee, high fever, joint pain, mcd, monga, municipal corporation of delhi, New Delhi, north zone, vector borne disease