23 Year Old Man Dies Of Caffeine Overdose

October 30th, 2010 - 8:39 pm ICT by GD  

By Gina Gomez
caffeineOct 30, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Many prefer to have coffee frequently throughout the day but very few know that caffeine is dangerous and lethal if taken in large quantities. In what seems a frightening scenario, a 23 year old man spewed blood and died after an alleged caffeine overdose. Michael Lee Bedford took caffeine that was 70 times the amount found in energy drinks when the packet suggested that only 1/16 of a teaspoon of caffeine should be consumed. The man took the caffeine in a party and within fifteen minutes of the overdose entering his body, he began sweating and threw blood out of his mouth.

His death has left his family both angry and upset with Michael Lee Bedford’s mother demanding that the lethal product be banned. The death case was heard before a Coroner’s court and a verdict of accidental death was given. The product which was bought online had instructions stating the exact quantity of caffeine to be consumed. Michael Lee Bedford paid no heed to those instructions and consumed a huge amount of the product. His friends and family are distraught and angry about the accident and his aunt said “there should be a warning on it saying that it can kill”.

Caffeine is a legal product and the death was caused due to over dosage. There are many other products that can have negative consequences if consumed in excess. The amount taken by him was way too high over normal consumption but some are of the opinion that there should be a warning that the product can result in harmful effects including death if consumed in excess.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Health |

Subscribe