1,600 Chinese die of infectious diseasesSeptember 10th, 2010 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 10 (IANS) Around 1,600 people died of infectious diseases in China in August, the ministry of health said Friday.
A total of 1,535 people died due to diseases like viral hepatitis, tuberculosis, dysentery, syphilis and gonorrhoea. There were around 340,000 such cases reported from across the country in August, Xinhua reported citing a ministry statement.
The ministry added that 64 people died of infection from diseases like hand-foot-mouth disease, infectious diarrhoea and mumps.
- 1,600 Chinese died of infectious diseases in June - Jul 10, 2010
- Infectious diseases killed nearly 1,700 Chinese in July - Aug 07, 2012
- 11,000 hit by hand-foot-mouth disease in China - Mar 31, 2012
- 'Cubans immune to dozens of diseases' - Jan 09, 2012
- 11 dead in Vietnam from hand-foot-mouth disease - Mar 15, 2012
- 56 Cambodian kids die of unknown disease - Jul 07, 2012
- Hepatitis could kill 5 mn in Southeast Asia: WHO - Jul 24, 2012
- Fancy a tattoo? Beware of hepatitis virus (July 28 is World Hepatitis Day) - Jul 28, 2011
- Viral hepatitis a silent killer: WHO - Jul 27, 2011
- Infectious diseases killed 1,400 in China - Aug 10, 2011
- Pregnant women in China to be tested for HIV, syphilis and Hepatitis B - Mar 01, 2011
- '40 million infected with Hepatitis B in India' - Jul 26, 2011
- China reports 900,000 TB cases in 2011 - Mar 21, 2012
- Viral illness kills 17, affects 35,000 in China - Jul 15, 2012
- Mumps outbreak in State University of New York - Mar 17, 2010
Tags: beijing, china, dysentery, foot mouth disease, hand foot mouth, hand foot mouth disease, hepatitis, infectious diarrhoea, infectious diseases, ministry of health, ministry statement, mumps, syphilis, tuberculosis, viral hepatitis, xinhua