12,000 Delhi premises conducive for mosquito breeding: WaliaJune 22nd, 2012 - 12:03 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) A total of 12,000 premises in the capital were found to be conducive for mosquitoes’ breeding from February to June this year, said Delhi Health Minister A.K Walia as he directed civic agencies to intensify efforts to fight dengue.
“As per the field checks conducted by domestic breeders, mosquito breeding has been found in more than 12,000 premises till date as compared to 7,653 premises found last year during the corresponding period,” said Walia in a press statement after a review meeting.
“In the wake of sharp increase in mosquito breeding in a number of localities in Delhi, the health minister directed civic agencies to gear up to fight dengue,” said a government official.
“Public health officials of all the local bodies and senior officials of the Directorate of Health Services, Delhi and Directorate of National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, the National Institute of Communicable Diseases, and the National Institute of Malaria were present in the meeting chaired by Walia.
Walia directed the medical superintendents of hospitals to ensure timely diagnosis and treatment of dengue.
He also said that they must ensure there is sufficient arrangement for platelets as the test kits have already been made available to various hospitals by the National Institute of Virology, Pune.
He said that domestic breeders should not only visit the premises but also physically check air coolers and other potential places of breeding.
- Mosquito breeding at CWG venues down - Aug 31, 2010
- MCD to launch anti-dengue drive - Jul 25, 2011
- Prepared for monsoon: Delhi civic agency - Jun 02, 2011
- Delhi reports year's first dengue case - Mar 21, 2011
- Delhi gears up to check mosquito breeding - May 16, 2011
- Azad holds review meet to check dengue in Delhi - Sep 03, 2010
- Delhi grapples with dengue, cases cross 2,500 mark - Sep 23, 2010
- For Games, MCD to take bite out of mosquitoes - May 15, 2010
- Dengue cases climb up to 1,652 in Delhi - Sep 10, 2010
- MCD to promote mosquito-proof coolers - Dec 03, 2010
- Civic agency ropes in schools for anti-dengue drive - Jul 30, 2011
- Delhi steps up measures to contain dengue - Oct 24, 2009
- 73 more dengue cases push Delhi total to 2,085 - Sep 16, 2010
- 45 new dengue cases in Delhi - Nov 11, 2009
- No takers for Delhi's mosquito-proof coolers - May 18, 2011
Tags: air coolers, civic agencies, communicable diseases, field checks, health minister, localities, malaria, mosquito, mosquito breeding, mosquitoes, national institute of virology, New Delhi, platelets, premises, public health officials, pune, senior officials, test kits, timely diagnosis, vector borne disease