Zydus Cadila launches new cancer drugFebruary 15th, 2008 - 4:52 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, Feb 15 (IANS) Indian pharmaceutical major Zydus Cadila Friday announced the launch of a new generation drug called Nudoxa for treating various cancers that the company says is a breakthrough in chemotherapy because of its stability and reduced toxicity. Nudoxa has been patented in India and South Africa. The company has also filed for patents in the European Union, US, Japan and other countries.
Marketed by Zydus Biogen, Nudoxa is manufactured by Zydus-BSV Pharma Pvt Ltd, the joint venture company of Zydus Cadila and Bharat Serums and Vaccines Pvt Ltd.
Founded in 2005, Zydus-BSV Pharma focuses on targeted therapies in the area of oncology (the study of cancer).
Nudoxa would treat various cancers, particularly breast cancer - the second most common type of cancer - and ovarian cancer - the fifth-leading cause of cancer death in women - and AIDS-related Kaposi sarcoma, which develops in people infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
- Zydus Cadila buys out Biochem - Dec 21, 2011
- Stay on cancer drug licence may harm public: Natco Pharma - Sep 05, 2012
- Public not to be hit if Natco Pharma licence cancelled: Bayer - Sep 03, 2012
- New drug may fight ovarian cancer - Jun 07, 2010
- Drug discovery combats ovarian cancer - Jun 05, 2011
- New technique to help men become fathers post chemotherapy - Mar 15, 2011
- New discovery may help in the fight against ovarian cancer - Feb 04, 2011
- Swine flu immunity just a sniff away - Jul 20, 2010
- Gene makes ovarian cancer resistant to chemotherapy - Mar 03, 2011
- India to unveil second swine flu vaccine - Jul 09, 2010
- Cancer drug: Natco Pharma told to file reply by Aug 25 - Aug 21, 2012
- How ovarian cancer resists chemotherapy - Mar 03, 2011
- New drug shows promise against platinum resistant ovarian cancer - Oct 10, 2010
- Smoking linked to ovarian cancer? - Sep 12, 2012
- 'Smart' new drug shows promise in ovarian cancer - Nov 09, 2010
Tags: bharat serums, biogen, breast cancer, bsv, cancer death, cancer drug, cancers, cause of cancer, chemotherapy, human immunodeficiency virus, immunodeficiency virus hiv, joint venture company, launch, new generation, ovarian cancer, pvt ltd, sarcoma, type of cancer, vaccines, zydus cadila