YouTube has helped people earn six-figure salariesJanuary 9th, 2009 - 7:00 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 9 (ANI): Video sharing website YouTube has always been seen as a recreational site, but now it has been revealed that it has helped some people earn a six-figure salary off it.
Michael Buckley, 33, is one such person who says that he has been able to earn his six-figure through the site.
Uh, I do well, CBS News quoted him as saying.
I make over six figures a year, he said.
His high-energy, two-minute show What the Buck, a play on his last name, is the product of a 2,000 dollars camera, a pair of work-lights and a 6 dollars backdrop. The show averages 200,000 hits an episode.
I just wanted to create my own vehicle and I did, he stated.
Last year, YouTube invited its most popular, most-watched contributors to partner with them by adding banner ads to the bottom of video clips.
For every one thousand hits, advertisers pay 15 to 20 dollars. It’’s a fraction the cost of TV commercials, and they reach a more targeted audience.
Buckley’’s show ranks number eight on the Web site, and he believes that the Internet is the only way he could have made it big.
I do believe so, Buckley said.
I do believe that the Internet was my route to any sort of success, he added. (ANI)
- Talking dog most watched YouTube video of 2011 - Dec 20, 2011
- Oz girl's 'how to fake six pack' video becomes YouTube sensation! - Mar 21, 2010
- Justin Bieber's YouTube videos redirect to porn sites - Jul 05, 2010
- YouTube, age 5, is just getting started - May 18, 2010
- Kiwi girls install camera in jeans to catch men ogling their bottoms - Feb 18, 2011
- Co-founder of YouTube steps down as CEO - Oct 30, 2010
- YouTube pays 100,000 pounds for British family's video - Nov 14, 2011
- Justin Bieber Is The Most Popular Artiste On YouTube! - Dec 14, 2010
- Guy voice behind Honey Badger video revealed - Jan 27, 2012
- Bieber, Gaga become copyright victim - Aug 31, 2011
- YouTube removes sex video implicating Malaysian opposition leader - Apr 05, 2011
- `Sesame Street' channel cleansed of porn put by hackers - Oct 18, 2011
- Tom Bergeron's wife Lois gets compliments on show - Feb 10, 2011
- Video accounts for half of mobile data traffic - Feb 24, 2012
- YouTube to diversify into movie rentals - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: advertisers, audience, backdrop, banner ads, cbs, cbs news, fraction, high energy, michael buckley, number eight, six figure salaries, six figure salary, six figures, tv commercials, video clips, youtube