World’s most powerful supercomputer to be unveiled in 2011April 28th, 2010 - 5:09 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, April 28 (ANI): Scientists are developing the world’s most powerful supercomputer, Blue Waters.
The Blue Waters project, created especially for open scientific research, is expected to go live in 2011.
It will be the first system of its kind to sustain one petaflop performance - one quadrillion calculations per second - on a range of science and engineering applications.
The project is being developed as a joint effort of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, its National Center for Supercomputing Applications, IBM, and the Great Lakes Consortium for Petascale Computation, which includes Iowa State.
Blue Waters is supported by the National Science Foundation and the University of Illinois. (ANI)
- Harmful estrogens persist in dairy wastewater - Jun 06, 2012
- Japanese supercomputer is the most powerful - Jun 20, 2011
- US agency funding unique project to boost Indian agriculture - Jul 16, 2012
- Chinese supercomputer ranked world's fastest - Nov 15, 2010
- An upgrade makes "Jaguar" the world's fastest supercomputer - Nov 21, 2009
- Chinese supercomputers to use homemade microchips - Mar 08, 2011
- Modified bone drug kills malaria parasite - Feb 28, 2012
- China unveils its fastest supercomputer - Oct 30, 2009
- Feeling good about country linked to well being - Feb 10, 2011
- Japanese scientists claim to have built the world's fastest supercomputer - Jun 20, 2011
- Cancer-causing H. pylori bug spurs cell death - Nov 02, 2011
- World's most energy-efficient supercomputer recognized - Nov 21, 2009
- Americans want to stay busy, even if what they do is trivial - Apr 30, 2011
- Chinese supercomputer begins operations - Jan 20, 2012
- Soy snacks for malnourished Indian kids - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: blue waters, consortium, great lakes, illinois at urbana, iowa state, joint effort, national center for supercomputing applications, national science foundation, petaflop, quadrillion, scientists, supercomputer, university of illinois, university of illinois at urbana, university of illinois at urbana champaign